Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: experience and performance of some lenses

experience and performance of some lenses

Hello I own the following lenses and mainly make B&W landscape photographs with a Sina r 4x5 and Linhof Technika 5x7. Zeiss Biogon f/4.5 - 75 mm with Synchro Compur #4118376 Schneider Super Angulon F/8 - 120 mm with Copal 0 # 13504347 Schneider Technika Super Angulon f/8 - 121 mm with Synchro Compur # 10588630 Schneider Symmar-S f/5.6 - 150 mm MC with Copal 0 # 13751238 Schneider Symmar-S f/5.6 - 210 mm MC with Copal 1 # 13776050 Schneider Technika Symmar f/5.6 - 240 mm f/12 - 420 mm with Linhof Compur # 1078 8397 Schneider Technika Tele Arton f/5.5 - 360 mm with Compur 3 # 10795387 Any experiences, performance tests and info with these lenses will be most appre ciated. Bulent Ozgoren bozgoren@veezy.com 25 January 2002

None of these lenses is actually very good. They were high priced and probably okay when new, but have all been superceeded by later models, most with multi-coating. I am sorry you are stuck with these elderly pieces of glass, and even more sorry that you chose to flaunt it before the readers of this forum. Why don't you get rid of them and buy newer stuff. Ps, you forgot to mention your Mercedes and Rolex.

So, Mitch, you get up on the wrong side of the bed or something? Your response to the posting is unhelpful and positively hurtful. Did the guy posting the inquiry do something to you?

To All: Isn't there some general principle on this list that we try to mind our manners to some minimal extent? -jeff buckels (albuquerque)

yeah man, you accidentally put an "m" in your email address - what gives?
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

I stand corrected, and apologize to anyone I offended with the post. Perhaps my original impression of "one good troll deserves another" did not apply. At any rate, I shall try to avoid posting on this Forum again.

I thought I saw bmitch's tongue firmly implanted in his cheek. Perhaps I was mistaken.

Well, all the nonsense aside...I am not sure what the original poster is asking. There's not a dud in the bunch of lenses you mention although some are more highly regarded than others. If you are using all these lenses than you can certainly make your own judgement of quality. Do you just want us to say yes they are good lenses or is there a point?

Bulent Ozgoren ?

Well I suppose that could actually be the posters name. But with a line-up like that, it sounds more like somebody pulling Tribs' chain - ya know - cameras as male jewelry.

Meanwhile, I'm getting tired of cleaning the Pirelli's on my Lamboghini, I wonder if I should switch to Yokohama's when I drive to down Rodeo and save the Pirelli's for special occasions?

Puleez! What would a famous Turkish photographer be doing on this board? Your English is excellent by the way. Or are you Bulent Ozgoren who finished third in the 1998 Beko/Conrad International Pro-Am Golf Tournament? Who are you really?

BTW the following sites have some info for you.

http://www.hevanet.com/cperez/testing.html

http://www.hevanet.com/cperez/compare.html

http://people.smu.edu/rmonagha/mf/lflenses.html

Good luck.

What in the world is going on here? -jeff buckels