Page 306 of 311 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,060 of 3106

Thread: post your urban landscapes

Re: post your urban landscapes

Quote Originally Posted by newtorf View Post
    I have no clue how the 2001 films were stored. Shot them @200 (normal speed?) with normal processing. I think your films should be fine. If you ever want to unload them, I will be interested.
    I have been informed over on Photrio that it was "Arista Premium" that was rebranded Kodak. Maybe my memory of that is off. I'll check later tonight when I'm downstairs where the film fridge is. There was a brief time around 2009 that Kodak was selling film through Freestyle rebranded, like Ilford and Harman had done before and Foma does now, apparently when they thought film was dying and they had over stock. By the time I heard Plus-X was discontinued I couldn't find it but I could find the Arista version. I shot some back in the day and it's definitely Plus-X.

I expect the stuff I bought then, about ten years ago, refrigerated since, will be fine. Not so sure about stuff in the 90s. I bought that Delta 400 but then moved to Georgia. When I got back into 4x5 I just went with stuff I could still buy and didn't crack the box of stuff that I knew I couldn't get any more of. Right now I'm in the midst of building out more which will include a "real" darkroom with running water, not the room with holding baths I used back then, which will help a lot and mainly what got me interested in getting back to photography (well a few other stars aligned too, as it were.) Once I do I'll dig all the film out and see what I have and decide.

HP5+ is a nominal ISO 400 film but like a lot of 400 films excellent, arguably better, results can be had by giving a stop more exposure so it's hard to say if yours has lost any speed or not, but it does look just fine to me here.

Arista Premium - Kodak Plus-X and Tri-X
    Arista Pro - Ilford FP4 and HP5
    Legacy Pro - Fuji Acros and Neopan 400

I jumped on the wagon of film in 2012 (too late!), and stocked up the last few rolls of Legacy Pro 100. But completely missed 120 or 4x5 at the time. Ten years later, I started to collect and shoot those expired 20 years ago... The Arista Pro definitely see some base fog after so many years, but not much. I think it still has about the same speed as fresh HP5.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    I have been informed over on Photrio that it was "Arista Premium" that was rebranded Kodak. Maybe my memory of that is off. I'll check later tonight when I'm downstairs where the film fridge is. There was a brief time around 2009 that Kodak was selling film through Freestyle rebranded, like Ilford and Harman had done before and Foma does now, apparently when they thought film was dying and they had over stock. By the time I heard Plus-X was discontinued I couldn't find it but I could find the Arista version. I shot some back in the day and it's definitely Plus-X.

I expect the stuff I bought then, about ten years ago, refrigerated since, will be fine. Not so sure about stuff in the 90s. I bought that Delta 400 but then moved to Georgia. When I got back into 4x5 I just went with stuff I could still buy and didn't crack the box of stuff that I knew I couldn't get any more of. Right now I'm in the midst of building out more which will include a "real" darkroom with running water, not the room with holding baths I used back then, which will help a lot and mainly what got me interested in getting back to photography (well a few other stars aligned too, as it were.) Once I do I'll dig all the film out and see what I have and decide.

HP5+ is a nominal ISO 400 film but like a lot of 400 films excellent, arguably better, results can be had by giving a stop more exposure so it's hard to say if yours has lost any speed or not, but it does look just fine to me here.

Base fog of course is easily printed through on film. And mine HAS been refrigerated. I have some HP5 and FP4 ("normal" Ilford branded) in 120 in that fridge too, along with a fair amount of 35mm and 120 color, mostly C41, but some E6 as well. I'm not even sure now WHAT all I have in 4x5 except that I think I have some E100SW left, definitely that unopened 100 sheet box of Delta 400, and an unchecked and un-remembered amount of TMY-2 before the price on that priced Kodak out of my personal consideration (I just don't think it's worth the premium compared to HP5) and some Arista branded Foma 400 and 200. I never had any of the Foma QC problems with the 400 and I don't think I even shot any of the 200 so I think that's unopened too. I look forward to finding out.

Good for you to have stocked up early! I got into film too late...

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Base fog of course is easily printed through on film. And mine HAS been refrigerated. I have some HP5 and FP4 ("normal" Ilford branded) in 120 in that fridge too, along with a fair amount of 35mm and 120 color, mostly C41, but some E6 as well. I'm not even sure now WHAT all I have in 4x5 except that I think I have some E100SW left, definitely that unopened 100 sheet box of Delta 400, and an unchecked and un-remembered amount of TMY-2 before the price on that priced Kodak out of my personal consideration (I just don't think it's worth the premium compared to HP5) and some Arista branded Foma 400 and 200. I never had any of the Foma QC problems with the 400 and I don't think I even shot any of the 200 so I think that's unopened too. I look forward to finding out.

Arista Pro 400 (Ilford HP5 Plus) 4x5 film expired in 2001, HC-110.

Pots and plant covered wall by Jingmin Zhou, on Flickr

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5X8A0080 (3).jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	232720

This was taken with a 300mm Nikor M mounted on a Technikardan, 4x5 Tri-X developed with HC-110
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5X8A0080 (2).jpg  
    Last edited by Robert Opheim; 18-Nov-2022 at 23:00. Reason: correct photo

Arista Pro 400 (Ilford HP5 Plus) 4x5 expired in 2001, HC-110.

Front yard by Jingmin Zhou, on Flickr

Name:	5X8A0297-2.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	230766

Mount Vernon Store - 2017 - 6 1/2 inch WA Dagor - 8x10 HP5 f/32 5 seconds red filter (I think)

Quote Originally Posted by newtorf View Post
    ...I got into film too late...
    "Too late" for what, if I may ask?

Name:	5X8A0301-3.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	230800

Gas Works Park - Seattle 1980 180mm Symmar convertible lens, f/ 32, 1/8 second, Tri-X and D76 Graphic View II. Perspective distortion corrected in enlarging