Page 292 of 311 FirstFirst ... 192242282290291292293294302 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,920 of 3106

Thread: post your urban landscapes

Re: post your urban landscapes

Merg Ross, I just so your web page, so beautiful photographs! I've asked about the Kodak plus X 125, because, if you look in wikipedia it is written that the film available only in 35 and 120mm, which for me is quite bizarre. And I adore this film and miss it a lot, and can not image the pleasure tp shot it on 4x5 or 5x7...
    Th least rolls I've bought from a big artist for whom I worked as a lab assistant and I was very happy with 40 rolls of 35mm plus-x expired
    www.christo.stankulov.com

Jeffery Dale Welker

I effort to celebrate January 1st each year with an early morning photo outing. The first morning of 2020 found me southeast of Tonopah, Arizona where steam was emanating from the Palo Verde Nuclear Generation Station. I pre-visioned the final print showing the vapor contrasting against the early morning sky as the rising sun illuminated the structures. With the generous and kind assistance of fine art photographer Randy Efros​, who allowed me to trespass in his wonderful darkroom, a nice silver gelatin print was made shortly after. I had not gotten around to scanning the print until now.

PALO VERDE VAPOR - Tonopah, Arizona by Jeff D. Welker, on Flickr

Arca-Swiss 4x5 | Illford FP4+ | Filter: B+W Orange MRC 040M | ISO 100 | Nikon Nikkor-W 210mm f/5.6 | SP-445 Compact 4x5 Film Processing System
    "I have this feeling of walking around for days with the wind knocked out of me." - Jim Harrison

Cool, Jeff -- I took some 5x7s there 25 years or so ago. I was waiting to be surrounded by armed guards at anytime!
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Plus-X Pan, then Plus-X Professional ("PXP) were my main films in 35mm when I got into photography, Summer of 1969. The film we were "Supposed to like" was Tri-X (the good one), especially if developed to maximum grain. My first roll in my brand new Minolta SRT-101 was Plus-X, self-developed in D-76. Tried Tri-X, but my first 100' roll was Plus-X. Tough as an indoor film - classroom/school pix indoors, dead of NY Upstate Winters, but PX had a look & feel all its own. I bought the last rolls of 35mm PXP from Cardinal Photo in Philadelphia, right after Kodak had pulled the plug on it. Store owner wasn't aware of that. Bought a roll of PXP in 220 from Penn Camera in Bethesda, MD, just to try it out. Wow. Roll as long as 36 exp 35mm, huge negs. Went back for the rest of the 5-pack and it was gone. Bring back Kodachrome? Sure, but what about Plus-X and yes, Verichrome Pan. My Mom's Brownie took VP in 620 and I still have the negs - amazing film. -- alfredian

Quote Originally Posted by Christo.Stankulov View Post
    Merg Ross, I just so your web page, so beautiful photographs! I've asked about the Kodak plus X 125, because, if you look in wikipedia it is written that the film available only in 35 and 120mm, which for me is quite bizarre. And I adore this film and miss it a lot, and can not image the pleasure tp shot it on 4x5 or 5x7...
    Th least rolls I've bought from a big artist for whom I worked as a lab assistant and I was very happy with 40 rolls of 35mm plus-x expired
    Thank you, Christo. I hope the expired Plus-X rolls work well for you. We are fortunate to still have many good films from which to choose, although nothing like the old Plus-X and Pan-X. I use mostly Ilford films now in roll and sheet.

Twilight long exposure, Graflex Speed Graphic, Schneider Xenar 150mm/f5.6, Fuji CDU II cross-processed.

Salmo, I like the way the power line tower fucntions centrally in the composition. It's an unusual handling, which works well here.
    Philip Ulanowsky

Sine scientia ars nihil est. (Without science/knowledge, art is nothing.)
    www.imagesinsilver.art
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/156933346@N07/

13x18cm, angulon 6.8/165
    0174 by Вячеслав Филатов, on Flickr

This is very nice. Restful and pleasing to the eye.
    --- Steve from Missouri ---

. . Oakland, Oregon
    . . Oakland, Oregon by Reinhold S., on Flickr. . Neg# BUCO 498. K.B. Canham 8x20" camera, 600mm fujinon, Yg filter, HP5. 2004