Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 4 bladed easels

Re: 4 bladed easels

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon - HP Marketing View Post
    Then all the normal dealers in the USA. B&H, Adorama, Samy's, 17th St Photo, WB Hunt, K&S, Photo Zone, Unique, Showcase, Midwest, Glazers, Nelson's, George's, Dodd, etc.

They are all HP Marketing dealers and can order anything that we carry for you.
    The easel today is no longer an open stock item but Bear Images may still have it in stock.

Most camera stores today do not have an active, thriving darkroom accessory business. That is just the state of the industry. So items like this and Kaiser electronic auto focus enlargers are now special order items. At normal times of the year a special order would normally take about 30 days. At this time of the year you can easily double that as the German factories close for their annual holiday and most will re-open on 1/11/10. Some are closing tomorrow to begin the holiday. The rest next Friday will be their last week day this year.
    Bob, if it doesn't exist in their online catalogs, it doesn't exist period.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyon View Post
    Bob, if it doesn't exist in their online catalogs, it doesn't exist period.
    There are many items in photography that are available that are not in the on-line catalogs, and there are many items in the catalogs on line that are not available any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon - HP Marketing View Post
    Kaiser are German not US. It has grid pins that pop-up at standard intervals for centering paper on the easel and an adjustable border guide system for borders from 2 to 45mm wide. There is a paper pre-clamping mechanism to hold the paper in the proper location while the blades are open.
    Even if the paper is curled it can not shift position.
    The pre-clamping mechanism works very nicely.

If you slide the paper under the pre-clamp it has held all my paper in place - curl or no curl.

The gas strut even holds the Easel ajar so you can do it two handed if (like me) you find it easier that way

Martin

I've heard nothing about Saunders' Easels. Are they being produced to this day? My Saunders 14x17" has been healthy for 22 years...

Quote Originally Posted by D. Bryant View Post
    I wouldn't allow a 2 bladed easel within a 100 feet of my darkroom.
    Neither would I – especially after my Saunders VT1400 4-blade (the 11”x14” version) has so successfully spoiled me. Even if I’m careless under the safelights, this easel still ensures perfect, precise alignment. And the VT2000 version (16”x20”) is of course just as good.

Investing in a good easel like investing in a good tripod: the results convince you not to feel so bad about spending a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Helcio J Tagliolatto View Post
    I've heard nothing about Saunders' Easels. Are they being produced to this day? My Saunders 14x17" has been healthy for 22 years...
    A few years ago, Tiffen took-over Saunders easels, and as far as I can tell, they no longer market them. Perhaps somewhere out there they’re still in stock. But I’m sure they’d be just as expensive as they used to be – the VT2000 retailed for about $600. I found my VT1400 on Craigslist, but I’d still pay for it brand new if I had to.

ic-racer: That looks like exactly the piston I need. Thank you so much!!!
    Steve