Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much does a cpp-2 weigh?

How much does a cpp-2 weigh?

I searched the web and couldn't find a number.
    How much does a cpp-2 weigh with lift?

.....and if I wanted to run b+w film at 68 degrees in an air conditioned room (68 degrees) could I just shut the heat off/not use a tempering bath with the cpa-2 or cpp-2?

Re: How much does a cpp-2 weigh?

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    I searched the web and couldn't find a number.
    How much does a cpp-2 weigh with lift?

.....and if I wanted to run b+w film at 68 degrees in an air conditioned room (68 degrees) could I just shut the heat off/not use a tempering bath with the cpa-2 or cpp-2?
    Suggest you stand a bottle of plain water in the room for a few hours then measure room temp and water temp and you will have your answer.

My guess is the water will be cooler than room temp by a couple of degrees or so.

Quote Originally Posted by percepts View Post
    Suggest you stand a bottle of plain water in the room for a few hours then measure room temp and water temp and you will have your answer.

My guess is the water will be cooler than room temp by a couple of degrees or so.
    I currently process everything @ 68 degrees and my ac unit has a digital readout so I set it accordingly. My question is regarding to jobo's and the ability to run them without a temp control bath. Everything in the room is the same temp including my water for mixing chemicals. When running b+w why bother with a temp bath if I don't need it?

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    I currently process everything @ 68 degrees and my ac unit has a digital readout so I set it accordingly. My question is regarding to jobo's and the ability to run them without a temp control bath. Everything in the room is the same temp including my water for mixing chemicals. When running b+w why bother with a temp bath if I don't need it?
    The tempering bath is really only needed to keep temp constant so if its going to stay constant at the correct temp anyway, I see no reason why you need the water bath.

My ideal darkroom would be at B+W processing temp too... Saves a lot of messing about with mixing and temp measuring.

maybe it shouldn't but the tank in the water may take some stress off the gearing and motor.

Vinny, You will need the water to cool the small wheels suporting the drums.
    Unless you lubricate them while processing they will wear out real fast. Learned that the hard way.

copy that guys. Now for shipping purposes, how much do these things weigh?

CPE-2 3.0 KG
    CPP-2 6.8 KG

I think those are without lift. Don't have weight for lift but you can try searching from manuals at:

http://www.jobo.com/jobo_service_ana...pdf/index.html

You can leave the water in the CPP-2 and then turn the pump on. If you calibrate the temperature dial so that you know precisely which setting is truly 68 degrees then just leave it set there and it will be more accurate than your ambient room temperature.

The machine itself does not seem to generate much heat but you can hook it up to a cold water source if needed to cool the water bath.

If you are in the darkroom often, change the water once a week. Otherwise, just fill it with water the night before so that it settles to ambient temp for your processing session the next day.

The Lift is no more than 2 kilograms. I.e. a drained CPP2 w/lift should be in the vicinity of 9 kg (20 pounds) but do add a couple of kilograms for packaging, as it's a large machine.

//Björn