Thread: Dr. Robert Green Home of Carbro/Carbon

Dr. Robert Green Home of Carbro/Carbon

To whom itmay concern,

Robert Green, who spent most of his life perfecting carbro/carbon printing has passed away at the ageof 86 on Nov 16th, 2009. He still is possession of the original german pigments for tri-color and mono chrome. His darkroom is so vast and extensive I don't even know where to begind dismantling it. He does own a durst laborator enlarger as well as 2 other enlardgers. Ant questions I can be reached at jamiehymowitz@aol.com. Everything that Jens Jensen said about Robert is true.

Re: Dr. Robert Green Home of Carbro/Carbon

Quote Originally Posted by jamiehymowitz View Post
    To whom itmay concern,

Robert Green, who spent most of his life perfecting carbro/carbon printing has passed away at the ageof 86 on Nov 16th, 2009. He still is possession of the original german pigments for tri-color and mono chrome. His darkroom is so vast and extensive I don't even know where to begind dismantling it. He does own a durst laborator enlarger as well as 2 other enlardgers. Ant questions I can be reached at jamiehymowitz@aol.com. Everything that Jens Jensen said about Robert is true.
    I am sorry to hear of the passing of Dr. Green. Although I never met him our shared love for the carbon process links us in spirit through time.

Sandy King
    http://www.sandykingphotography.com/
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

I too am sorry that he has passed away. I talked with him way back in the 1980s about carbon printing, he was very helpful in answering my questions. I also bought tissue from him and his book on the subject. he was a helpful and nice person.

I took Dr. Green's Carbro printing course at his home in Ft Wayne, IN. Of course, I learned much more than printing from Dr. Green. He was a polymath and had a love for saving the old methods. I'll always treasure the time I was able to spend with him.

I made a total of one carbro print (it's quite difficult), then I learned dye transfer printing from Paul Elmi. After making a few dye transfer prints, I took Paul's advice and made Cibachrome prints.