Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4x5 Enlarger List

4x5 Enlarger List

I'm looking for a list I can keep by computer that lists the most common 4x5 enlargers likely to be seen on the used market today. It's something I'll use while searching through ebay or craigslist. Sometimes the lister indicates the enlargers specifications, sometimes they don't. In that case, the list would save me some time communicating with the seller or doing the legwork on google.

I searched here but didn't find one. I'll bet one exists somewhere. Has anyone seen one?

thanx in advance for your help.

Joe

Re: 4x5 Enlarger List

Omega D series
    Besseler 45 series

Those two are probably 95% of what you will see on the market for 4X5.

In the US it is probably going to be Beseler or Omega as the most popular. For the Omega 4x5s, look at this site for a complete description with pictures. http://www.khbphotografix.com/omega/index.html

I'd look for a D5XL with Chromega II, and if too expensive, then work backwards in the Omega timeline (D5, D2, etc.) as your budget dictates.

You might also look for an LPL 7451 but you can't have mine!

Paul
    Last edited by Paul Bujak; 23-Nov-2009 at 17:01. Reason: Careless diction

Durst CE 1000, Durst Pro, to a lesser extent DeVer, Dujur, and Kodak prescission . All fine 4X5 Enlargers. All show up on Ebay for good price.
    "I searched here but didn't find one. I'll bet one exists somewhere. Has anyone seen one?"
    Where do you live. Someone in Pittsburgh has one with both condenser and color heads for $100.00 on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by DeBone75 View Post
    Durst CE 1000, Durst Pro, to a lesser extent DeVer, Dujur, and Kodak prescission . All fine 4X5 Enlargers. All show up on Ebay for good price.
    "I searched here but didn't find one. I'll bet one exists somewhere. Has anyone seen one?"
    Where do you live. Someone in Pittsburgh has one with both condenser and color heads for $100.00 on Craigslist.
    I live in South Bend. Uggh. Another reason to not live here.

Lascassas, TN

Sounds like a "Road Trip" is justified.
    Bill Kumpf

That one sold within a day. A friend of mine had called them to buy it and when they called back to confirm directions to get there, it was gone. Not entirely nice of the seller, imo, as my friend really wanted it and was about to walk out the door to go get it.

Keep looking and don't be shy about trying to get one for free. I had an Omega D3 that noone wanted to buy. I gave it away last week to a fellow on APUG. He gets to setup a darkroom and I get the table back by my drawing board
    Ron McElroy
    Memphis

You wanted a list -right?

Ok the ones I have direct experience with;

Omega D5 <Available new>
    Besler MXT <Available new>
    LPL 4500 <Available new >
    LPL 4550 Longer column <Available new>
    Fujimoto <Available new> I know of two at close out pricing.

Omega D6 <almost the same as a D5> Used only.
    Omega D4,D3, D2. Used D4 and D3 elargers were Auto focusing, using a specified cam to match the focal length of the lens and cone being used. <Can be a problem finding the cams>

All D enlargers can use the new D5 negative carriers with slight modification. Only the D5 and D6 use the current lens mounts which are combinations of discs and plates. Alot of the parts should be compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawlowski6132 View Post
    I'm looking for a list I can keep by computer that lists the most common 4x5 enlargers likely to be seen on the used market today. It's something I'll use while searching through ebay or craigslist. Sometimes the lister indicates the enlargers specifications, sometimes they don't. In that case, the list would save me some time communicating with the seller or doing the legwork on google.

I searched here but didn't find one. I'll bet one exists somewhere. Has anyone seen one?

thanx in advance for your help.

Joe