Page 99 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4989979899

Thread: Lets See Your Darkroom

Re: Lets See Your Darkroom

One more view of my DR cleaned up a little, but still needing some TLC after a month of printing heavily. Installed shelves in my new bench for paper, cleared the back end off for framing/matting, and anchored the top of the Beseler 45V-XL to the ceiling so it doesn't wobble so much when cranking it up:

Here's a silly pic of me finishing up the bench shelves my wife took. Note the other Beseler 45-MX that is now stored in the other room but will get used at some point. That makes 3 4x5 enlargers!

One of these days I'm going to put up a piece of drywall over the left area to cover the insulation, and somehow paint or create a massive step wedge across the wall from Zone 0 to Zone 10, along with some shelves over there for printing chemicals like my acetic acid and such.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Please be careful to encapsulate the fiberglass insulation so you cannot possible breath in any of the fibres. A cheap layer of Drywall is a necessity for your health.

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Nice article. I will have to examine the photos closely. I have all the materials, but continue to procrastinate on building the damn UV exposure area in my DR. Honestly I'm not 100% sure how to wire the ballasts.

The plan for my area is the same as yours, but upside-down. Exposure unit will be under the desk in a drawer, with both normal and UV bulbs. Two switches, for each type of bulb. Normal bulbs will make it a light table, UV bulbs for alt processes of course. Mine has space for a 20x24 print. Just need to wire it and buy some glass for the table.
    Please us an electrician to do the balast wiring. Overall that is a safety issue. and electricians are not expensive .

I'm envious!

While my efficiently organized, 6'x8' darkroom works "fine" for me for printing up to 16x20, it would be lovely to have more space.

My latest (and probably last) darkroom was completed a little over a year ago to fit a spare bedroom that measures 11x12. I custom built a 10 ft sink and all the cabinets and counter top to my enlarging station. I also tore out all the carpet and coated the concrete floor with a 2part industrial grade epoxy. My current enlargers are the Beseler 45MXT with the Oriental VCCL Head and a Beseler 45VXL fitted with the Beseler 810 cold light head. Last week I cleaned and reorganized my darkroom.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8D26B065-A0F0-4E94-BEED-B413A9735636.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	199305
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 73A504AA-C405-4C5F-99A7-B843CFA28956.jpg  

Very nice!
    sin eater

No sink/plumbing?

loujon

Quote Originally Posted by Pieter View Post
    No sink/plumbing?
    On the left wall. Study the photo posted and you'll see signs of plumbing (left side)all the way down by the print washer is a mixing valve. Heck all I see on the left side are sinks.
    Last edited by Louis Pacilla; 13-Jan-2020 at 12:34.

Jess, that's one beautiful darkroom. Mine's in a bedroom, too, adn similar in size, but I couldn't custom build a counter top to save my life, let alone cabinetry. Enviable!
    Philip U.

Sine scientia ars nihil est. (Without science/knowledge, art is nothing.)
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/156933346@N07/