Page 96 of 114 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets See Your Darkroom

Re: Lets See Your Darkroom

Here are some pictures of a darkroom added to the forward bathroom in my boat. I moved aboard this summer and needed something for contact prints. Since my camera is a 5x7 I don't need much space at all. I can go with little trays, or the small 5x7 drum seen in the picture. Now I need some mix up some print developer and give it a try.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0622.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	185204Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0625.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	185205
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0623.jpg   IMG_0624.jpg  

Boat Darkroom.

Winner!

I have the same wallhugger shelf brackets in my land boat. (Trailer Darkroom)
    Tin Can

I gave up my boat. Two oar power.

That's about as perfect of a set up as I've seen. 5x7 makes a perfect size contact print.

Best Mike

Thanks Mike and Randy. Now I need to get to work making pictures. If only it weren't so cold outside...

Okay, some of the finishing work on the darkroom-

After having meth heads running from the cops plow thru my yard back in Feb, I figured out that once I'm in the darkroom, I have no cell signal. The whole darkroom is metal! I dug a trench from where the phone line for my workshop and storage building leaves the house and ran a phone line over to the darkroom.

I also attached a chain to the inside of the door to prevent people coming in. The other improvements were a stereo with a CD player (no radio signal) and metal locker I turned into a film dryer.

Oh...special thanks to Randy Moe for turning me on to the red LED lightbulbs from Superbrite!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0015.jpg   IMG_0016.jpg   IMG_0023.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by MrFujicaman View Post
    Okay, some of the finishing work on the darkroom-

After having meth heads running from the cops plow thru my yard back in Feb, I figured out that once I'm in the darkroom, I have no cell signal. The whole darkroom is metal! I dug a trench from where the phone line for my workshop and storage building leaves the house and ran a phone line over to the darkroom.

I also attached a chain to the inside of the door to prevent people coming in. The other improvements were a stereo with a CD player (no radio signal) and metal locker I turned into a film dryer.

Oh...special thanks to Randy Moe for turning me on to the red LED lightbulbs from Superbrite!
    Sweet. Still might want a cell in case you have to run on foot. The drugs/gangs/guns are everywhere these days. Metal building will,protect your equipment from solar flares

Duolab123.....I live on Sand Mountain in NE Alabama...which is often referred to as "Meth Mountain". My cell phone is in a holster on my hip.

Les

Duolab123.....I live on Sand Mountain in NE Alabama...which is often referred to as "Meth Mountain". My cell phone is in a holster on my hip.
    Shouldn't you be able to get a radio signal even if it's via antenna, which could be on a nearby tree or pole, and wired into yer cocoon ?...or are you saying that the amount of metal makes that impossible ? That's odd.

Les

20 miles north of where I live, 4 kids were shot. Sitting in their car. All high school seniors. Two dead, two critical injuries. They were coming from a funeral for another kid who had been shot. Spill over from drug trade? Territorial dispute, some sort of feud?

Les, that workshop is effectively a Faraday cage---no RF signals in-no signals out. Less work to run a phone line over to it. Look up Faraday Cage on Wikipepia.