Page 4 of 114 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets See Your Darkroom

Re: Lets See Your Darkroom

These are from 3 years ago and really need to be updated as I, upholding the ever expanding to fill all space concept, have added a few things to the darkroom since then... like 4 more enlargers, improved water, shelves, etc. etc.

http://www.roberthall.com/newdr/

Quote Originally Posted by Heroique View Post
    Now there are 69 clicks, just three hours later.

BTW, if you click it, turn-up your screen, & switch-off the room lights, you can see the equipment a lot better. I think his darkroom image was simply under-exposed.

This just made my day

Rob

Photographer

When we moved from Denver to our current location in the Colorado mountains, I had to construct a new darkroom. On the lower level or our new home was a large storage room. I subdivided it and used approximately half of the space for a darkroom. The other half is used for a workroom, library, and storage.

My darkroom is about 9 x 14 ½ feet. The dry side has a 10 foot counter top and a large storage cabinet. On the counter top are my two enlargers: a Zone VI with both 5x7 and 8x10 heads; and, a Saunders/LPL Super Dichroic 4500II. I use the Zone VI for 4x10 and 5x7 negatives, and the Saunders/LPL for 4x5 and smaller negatives.

When I built the darkroom in 2003, I found a used 10 foot stainless steel sink in Rock Springs, Wyoming. I bought it and hauled it home, and it now makes up the wet side of my darkroom. It has four water outlets: two thermostatic valves with one hooked to the film and print washing tanks, and one used for mixing chemicals; and, two mixing faucets for other chores.

Each darkroom I have built (this is the fifth) is an improvement over the last and this is the best yet. I do hope that I will not have to build another.
    Keith Pitman

My first post on the forum--greetings all!

I just spent ~1 yr. building this darkroom. I enclosed a section of our garage, about 8' x 21', and fortunately there is a little room left over for the cars!

I did the work myself, which saved me a little money at the expense of a lot of my time. But it's finished now and I'm enjoying my time working in it.

wet side: two 8 ft. sinks for trays, one 5 ft. sink for the Jobo and print washer, all plumbed with hot/cold faucets and homemade water-tempering panel. At some point I may install a real water-tempering valve if I can bring myself to cough up the $$.

dry side: 15 ft. countertop with a Beseler 45V enlarger bolted to the cabinet. At some point I'd like to convert the enlarger to 8x10 with beseler's conversion kit, and with all of the sink space I'll have no troublr printing up to 20x24, but for now I'll be happy with 8x10s, 11x14s and the occasional 16x20.
    Glenn T.

Quote Originally Posted by gteeter View Post

I just spent ~1 yr. building this darkroom. I enclosed a section of our garage, about 8' x 21', and fortunately there is a little room left over for the cars!

Welcome to LFPF, this a great place with some very nice people who are willing to help each other at every corner!

OMG!
    That is a great darkroom sir!

Drible drible, i am very envious. Very nice job on your new darkroom Glenn.

I did the work myself, which saved me a little money at the expense of a lot of my time. But it's finished now and I'm enjoying my time working in it.

wet side: two 8 ft. sinks for trays, one 5 ft. sink for the Jobo and print washer, all plumbed with hot/cold faucets and homemade water-tempering panel. At some point I may install a real water-tempering valve if I can bring myself to cough up the $$.

dry side: 15 ft. countertop with a Beseler 45V enlarger bolted to the cabinet. At some point I'd like to convert the enlarger to 8x10 with beseler's conversion kit, and with all of the sink space I'll have no troublr printing up to 20x24, but for now I'll be happy with 8x10s, 11x14s and the occasional 16x20.

Really beautiful darkroom. Really top notch job.

I don't think you will have a lot of luck finding the beseler 8x10 kit for the enlarger unless you find one second hand. They are no longer making them.

Glenn,

PM me for some advice for reducing clutter and organizing your darkroom better.

Jamie

that is one. long. sink. wish mine were that nice and roomy
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

Quote Originally Posted by Allen in Montreal View Post
    Welcome to LFPF, this a great place with some very nice people who are willing to help each other at every corner!

OMG!
    That is a great darkroom sir!
    Thanks for the welcome Allen. I've been purusing the forum for a while now and have learned a lot. It's really a great resource.
    Glenn T.