Page 101 of 114 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1136

Thread: Lets See Your Darkroom

Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

Re: Lets See Your Darkroom

Not quite darkroom, but tangential - made it to Home Depot just before our "Shelter-in-Place" order took effect and bought some material to build out a print storage unit.

Finished it up this morning, though I may add a secondary unit on top for flat storage of unmatted prints.

Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Not quite darkroom, but tangential - made it to Home Depot just before our "Shelter-in-Place" order took effect and bought some material to build out a print storage unit.

Finished it up this morning, though I may add a secondary unit on top for flat storage of unmatted prints.

Well organized layout.

Thanks. I made this all out of simple 2' x 4' MDF. Here's rough plans for anyone who may want to do something similar, and what print sizes go where (long edges go in for the smaller pieces). Sides are 36" tall and top/bottom pieces are 32," and of course all pieces are 24" in depth.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Jess C View Post
    My latest (and probably last) darkroom was completed a little over a year ago to fit a spare bedroom that measures 11x12. I custom built a 10 ft sink and all the cabinets and counter top to my enlarging station. I also tore out all the carpet and coated the concrete floor with a 2part industrial grade epoxy. My current enlargers are the Beseler 45MXT with the Oriental VCCL Head and a Beseler 45VXL fitted with the Beseler 810 cold light head. Last week I cleaned and reorganized my darkroom.

Attachment 199305
    Nice, mine will be nearly the same @ 10 x 13, with the same setup. However I do have to share with a washer and drier that will be were you are sitting. Construction should have started this month, but you know why that's not happening. BTW it looks like you have set this up for sitting during enlarging. How do yo like that, and what about room for your your legs? I'm thinking I may design mine for standing, easel height would be near 42" and I have a drop table. If I go that route I will need to have the ceiling bumped out above my Durst Pictograph. Anyway thanks for sharing.

Problem with sharing room with a dryer is the tendency to have lint floating around. If you can find one of those desktop or floor air filtration units you can run it to catch the lint before it goes too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Beasley View Post
    Problem with sharing room with a dryer is the tendency to have lint floating around. If you can find one of those desktop or floor air filtration units you can run it to catch the lint before it goes too far.
    Good idea, or maybe I’ll have a n air filter built in since it will be mostly new construction.

Slow but progress working on clearing/organizing the garage. I decided to go ahead and hand my two Duplex safelights as a visual reminder of where I want to go. Had to rebuild both sets of filters for one of them. Not hard but a little tedious.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	910C4BF3-F414-44F4-8039-0BC2398820F7.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	203659

Here is a basic particle board dresser that I’m modifying for an enlarging table. You are looking at the bottom. I cut off the sides and back below the bottom so I could attach the two 1x4’s you see here as support and attachment for the casters. I’m beginning to think putting casters on everything in the garage for working convenience is the way to go. That way I can still park cars in there, move them out for a night’s production, then roll darkroom stuff out. We will see how that works out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A5D6D673-6C18-4EF6-AAE6-F3EFC8A041AA.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	203660

You can see a shelf behind which has some photo stuff on it. My plan is organize that for photo stuff only, and then park the enlarger table right next to it.
    --- Steve from Missouri ---

Casters on everything (except the sink)!

I have converted our one car garage into a darkroom. 12 feet of stainless sinks with custom hoods against a long wall and HEPA filtration for fresh air, and using wheels for everything else.

I can have four people working at once with some of the enlargers, or turn one of my 8x10’s horizontal and comfortably do a mural on my roll paper with everything out of the way.

For me, wheels are the way to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm too paranoid about vibration and alignment to have an enlarger on wheels. I have a work table with drawers that I wheel around in my small space, depending on where I am working. Andt my print washer is on wheels--mainly because I don't have running water in the darkroom, so I have to move the washer out near the door to connect up the water and drain hoses.