Page 100 of 114 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1136

Thread: Lets See Your Darkroom

Photographer

Re: Lets See Your Darkroom

Quote Originally Posted by Ulophot View Post
    In case it may be useful to others, I attach a plan for my darkroom/workroom, which is what would otherwise be a bedroom. In an ideal world, we'd all have separate darkrooms and workrooms, but this one is for me a big improvement over the days of a one-bedroom apartment when my wife would tell friends that we slept in the red light zone, and when I had to carry trays and tubs of chem and water to the bathtub, having no darkroom sink.

In my present set-up, the sink is across the room from the bathroom, which allowed fairly easy, if very simply plumbing installation: a single faucet and drain on my 5' Delta sink (of which I posted a photo a year or two ago), showing shelves and underneath storage.

Underneath the enlarging table I have some negative storage and film storage supplies, along with some non-sensitive equipment, supplies, frames, etc. -- nothing that should be on the wet "side," which is all at the sink. I'm rigorously strict about wet- and dry-side separation.The shelves near the art table have odds and ends of equipment accessories, art supplies, etc., and there is some storage space below the dry mounting table for print storage supplies, etc. The file cabinet holds prints and contacts in acid-free document folders.

I use print drying screens, stored vertically at the back side of the enlarging table with a plastic sheet covering them when not in use. For use, I lay them across the door-end of the sink.

I did not show the window blocks (insulation boards) and some other items that take up space, making it a bit more "cozy" than I'd like, but it's fairly functional.

I’ve always liked galley-style darkrooms where the enlarger is across the aisle from the developing tray. It looks like you will have a longish walk from enlarger to developer. Just my two cents. Nevertheless, it looks like you put a lot of thought into your planning. Good luck with the build.
    Keith Pitman

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Pitman View Post
    I’ve always liked galley-style darkrooms where the enlarger is across the aisle from the developing tray. It looks like you will have a longish walk from enlarger to developer. Just my two cents. Nevertheless, it looks like you put a lot of thought into your planning. Good luck with the build.
    One observation, the room is 9 1/2 × 12 feet so enlarger is about 28 inches from the sink. :-) That's bigger than my 1st darkroom.

I think the original 1 bedroom apartment setup sounds more romantic, especially with the mood lighting /safelight .

Keith, this is already built; I have had it this was since around 1997, when I got the sink. The radiator under the window put a crimp in strict galley plans, along with the fact that the window air-conditioner goes there during the summer. But Duolab is right; I am still basically just turning around and taking a step. What I''d really like is a longer sink, so that I could process 11x14s more easily. I can just squeeze in the three trays and a washing tub. But then, I remember seeing Walter Rosenblum's closet darkroom, with rack-stacked processing trays. No problem with his quality; I should do so well!
    Philip Ulanowsky

Sine scientia ars nihil est. (Without science/knowledge, art is nothing.)
    www.imagesinsilver.art
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/156933346@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Pitman View Post
    I'm with you. I like the smallest darkroom still capable of what I need to get done.
    -Chris

Philip I really like that layout.
    --- Steve from Missouri ---

Latest configuration, finally got my plumbing in. 198 sq. ft. Of space.

Latest configuration, finally got the plumbing in. 198 sq ft of space.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 543C7D78-CE88-4AA1-9D8A-046A0F794BE5.jpeg  

I thought I'd posted my DeVere 5108 setup in my small darkroom before, but I could not find it. Apologies if I've posted it before. It's in a corner to the left of the entrance, the rest of the darkroom is shown on this thread, page 51, post 509. I also have a storage room upstairs with a Nuarc 26-1KS plate burner that I can use when needed. I can carry the exposed paper down to the darkroom in a paper safe to develop. Not ideal, but it works!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0331s.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	201783
    Last edited by Luis-F-S; 17-Mar-2020 at 21:23.

Progress for tools for my darkroom.

Name:	85027DAA-3863-47FD-9122-02C32DBE8047.jpeg 
Views:	110 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	202103Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1A5F63AC-942B-481F-974D-C164B7B07FF9.jpeg 
Views:	108 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	202104

The idea is to punch 1/16” holes in the corner of sheet film and hang them with this. The top of the sandwich is balsa wood so they may not be too robust. You can the added plate on this one to reinforce a split one underneath.

Name:	BA991796-51D3-41D6-82C2-D74E283F2ADB.jpeg 
Views:	112 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	202105Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C9B95DF8-1C47-418F-B8B0-47A065E4C9D9.jpeg 
Views:	107 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	202106

Yeah I know, it’s in the garage. Not much I can do about it as it’s pretty much the only space I have.
    --- Steve from Missouri ---

Cool Steve.
    Principal Unix System Engineer, Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems