Page 104 of 114 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1136

Thread: Lets See Your Darkroom

Re: Lets See Your Darkroom

Quote Originally Posted by Duolab123 View Post
    That's a nice setup. You can add "just enough" ice to meet your requirements. With the coil at the bottom and the ice floating in whatever water level you choose, gravity convection. Very nice.

Sounding very Ghostbusters "The molar enthalpy of fusion for ice at 0 °C has an accepted value of +6.01 kJ/mol." Hell Yeah!
    Duolab,

It's part of my "how can I get things done for less $$" thinking. One of my uncles once told my mom that I was a junkie...as she was gearing up to kick the crap out of him, he said "NO, no...you give him a pile of junk and he sits down to figure what he can make with it"

I'm one of the guys who bought the Petersen's Photographic books on "Photo Equipment You Can Make" both volumes 1 & 2 and their "Blueprint" books. Pretty much if I can make something I need for photography, I do.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFujicaman View Post
    Duolab,

It's part of my "how can I get things done for less $$" thinking. One of my uncles once told my mom that I was a junkie...as she was gearing up to kick the crap out of him, he said "NO, no...you give him a pile of junk and he sits down to figure what he can make with it"

I'm one of the guys who bought the Petersen's Photographic books on "Photo Equipment You Can Make" both volumes 1 & 2 and their "Blueprint" books. Pretty much if I can make something I need for photography, I do.
    I have those old Petersen's books too. My favorite DIY booklet is the old 1940's Popular Mechanics photo equipment. My Dad made everything, I save junk, my wife thinks I'm crazy. All the little pieces of this and that come in handy.

I'm not a hoarder, I just save things that might be useful someday.
    If I throw something out, that just guarantees that I will need it the following week.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugan View Post
    I'm not a hoarder, I just save things that might be useful someday.
    If I throw something out, that just guarantees that I will need it the following week.
    Funny and absolutely true��

Yes, same here

and I don't need to go shopping

my rule is always have spares

Quote Originally Posted by Renato Tonelli View Post
    Funny and absolutely true��
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by al olson View Post
    My darkroom is space limited at 8'x8.5' so it gets pretty cozy, especially for two people. (However, it does have an 18' vaulted ceiling.) There are two processors, the Jobo CPP2 and the DoMac 16" roller processor plus the Nova vertical tank.

The Beseler/Minolta 45A has been replaced by a D5500 because I can no longer obtain the flash tubes. I use the Vivitar for 35mm and 120 (because I like the condensers for these films). The D5500 is for the 4x5 and sometimes the 120 if the negatives are too contrasty.

There is a small adjacent bathroom where I load film holders and developing tanks. It has a small shower stall where I hang my negatives to dry.

Out in the rest of the loft I have shelves where I store accessories and bulk chemicals, as well as tables for matting and framing my prints. There is also the refrigerator where I have what is becoming a life time supply of film and papers.

For comfort I no longer wear my suit in the darkroom. Do you suppose that's why my work isn't popular?
    What's that wide film in the middle, 8x20"? Looks absolutely massive compared ot the (I presume) 8x10" below it.

I found these project panels at Home Depot yesterday, a new product apparently. One side is white, the other is black - but it's actually coatings for dry erase markers and chalk respectively. I decided to finally close up the wall over my tray area, and my wife had the idea of alternating them black and white. I think it worked out well. I will be adding a shelf for chemicals next, but at least I finally don't have the exposed insulation.

I might use them for notes / printing data temporarily while I'm working. And at some point I am going to print a large step wedge pattern and put it on the wall.

Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Looks good!

Soon the ceiling

B&W Mondrian
    Tin Can

Yeah I'm thinking about it! These panels are 2x4 feet and only $5 a piece btw.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Found the listing, but no stock close by and very low stock within 100 miles

Limit is 90 per order!
    Tin Can