Page 77 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets See Your Darkroom

Re: Lets See Your Darkroom

A few more picturesAttachment 161972Attachment 161973Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3162.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	161974 The 3rd picture shows what the Army paid for this thing new !

# 1 is from the front inside looking out the door.
    # 2 shows the front of this beast.
    #3 shows how much the Army paid for this thing new !
    Last edited by MrFujicaman; 28-Feb-2017 at 22:26.

It seems that the two first pictures cannot be seen

Quote Originally Posted by MrFujicaman View Post
    Okay, I bought a surplus Army workshop to convert to a darkroom. Thought I'd post some pictures..Attachment 161970Attachment 161971Attachment 161968

#1 Shows the inside as I removed the 2 work benches in the front.
    #2 shows the front after I got the workbenches out.
    #3 shows the makers plate
    The thumbnail shows the rear outside view.
    Man, and I thought I was crazy! If you want to get one of Randy's Saltzmans in there you are going to have to stand it on end Is there any air holes? I wouldn't get into that unless it had an escape hatch with explosive bolts. Your neighbors are going to think you are working for the CIA Ha! It's the only darkroom I've seen that could be air dropped out of a C-17 Globemaster into enemy territory! Good luck, Boldly Go! !!
    Best Mike

That will be a cool darkroom!

Here's in my darkroom today.. I ended up with pneumonia somehow, so I got antibiotics yesterday and had to take today off from work as well so as to not be contagious. Should be safe to return to work tomorrow.

Drinking coffee and making prints is a good way to work alone for the day. I should do this more often (spending the day in the darkroom) but it doesn't pay bills.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170301_164250.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	162027

Quote Originally Posted by jp View Post
    but it doesn't pay bills.
    That would be nice though
    First print in the new DR:

Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Duolab123, The ceiling is only 6-5. I have a Beseler 45H and I'm going to have to build a custom enlarging table so I can use it, If you look, there's a huge ( I think 24000 BTU) A/C unit in the front. I can't get to the factory plate on it, but as it's on 60 Amps of breakers, it's got to have a pretty hefty output. So I've got incoming air. As that unit is sized for this thing being used in the Middle East, it's massive overkill for around here. I'm planning on swapping it out for a smaller heat/cooling unit I have and freeing up some power from the fuse box for other stuff. Oh, and the fuse box is 125 amps !

EVERYTHING in this unit is overbuilt ! The outside is aluminum, the inside walls are aluminum, the shelves and drawers are heavy gauge aluminum...

I'll give you an idea...there are 2 circuits for the outlet strip on each side-each one has it's own 20 amp breaker. The vent fan by the door is only 1.7 amps and it has it's own 20 amp breaker!

If you look at my post from yesterday -the government paid over 68K for this thing!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3137.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	162029Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3160.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	162030

I bought it because in the long run, it'd be cheaper and easier than building a darkroom completely from scratch. I've got the wiring-which just needs a bit of changing around, I can run water to it with out too much trouble and I already have figured out that I can get a 20 gallon water heater into it.

It's not so much building a darkroom as modifying this into one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF3147.jpg  
    Last edited by MrFujicaman; 2-Mar-2017 at 08:56.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Group Image.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	162041

Some pictures of my alt darkroom, silver and Lambda Room, I have to thank my buddy Brad Pitt for being in the images.

Bob,
    I got to know some parts of your darkroom from a couple of videos at youtube.
    Found those pics of you very well framed, Brad has a talent for photography, even at ordinary shots as these - we can see his care to not to cut your framed photo in the last shot, and well balanced composition in the others, congrats for both of you.
    On the videos your darkroom seems to be much larger,

Renato
    Last edited by RSalles; 4-Mar-2017 at 17:23.

Enjoyed the darkroom shots Bob. Next time, do you think you could post them just a little bit bigger so I don't have to squint! Thanks, L

Quote Originally Posted by MrFujicaman View Post
    Duolab123, The ceiling is only 6-5. I have a Beseler 45H and I'm going to have to build a custom enlarging table so I can use it, If you look, there's a huge ( I think 24000 BTU) A/C unit in the front. I can't get to the factory plate on it, but as it's on 60 Amps of breakers, it's got to have a pretty hefty output. So I've got incoming air. As that unit is sized for this thing being used in the Middle East, it's massive overkill for around here. I'm planning on swapping it out for a smaller heat/cooling unit I have and freeing up some power from the fuse box for other stuff. Oh, and the fuse box is 125 amps !

EVERYTHING in this unit is overbuilt ! The outside is aluminum, the inside walls are aluminum, the shelves and drawers are heavy gauge aluminum...

I'll give you an idea...there are 2 circuits for the outlet strip on each side-each one has it's own 20 amp breaker. The vent fan by the door is only 1.7 amps and it has it's own 20 amp breaker!

If you look at my post from yesterday -the government paid over 68K for this thing!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3137.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	162029Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3160.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	162030

I bought it because in the long run, it'd be cheaper and easier than building a darkroom completely from scratch. I've got the wiring-which just needs a bit of changing around, I can run water to it with out too much trouble and I already have figured out that I can get a 20 gallon water heater into it.

It's not so much building a darkroom as modifying this into one.
    I'm sure it will work great. You might consider a "mini split " AC and heat unit. If you live where minimum temperatures are around 0 Celsius, these will heat and cool. Almost everything sits outside, only a small fan unit is placed almost anywhere you want. Get rid of that big old air conditioner maybe you could put a darkroom vent fan where the ac unit is?
    Keep posting your progress, best Mike