Thread: Polaroid LF- Good Deal OR Garbage?

Polaroid LF- Good Deal OR Garbage?

Howdy friends, I ran into a shop today that had some out of date LF polaroid sheet film and i p icked up nine boxes of 20 count of the following for $7.50 usd each; is it junk being out of date or a great deal?

polapan 52 iso 400 4x5 20 count dated april 2000. polapan53 iso 800 4x5 20 count dated february 2001.

These are both out of date and i wanted to know if i can use these for practicin g my LF techniques or lack thereof....

any experience with outdated polaroid? They also had some of the iso 3000 but i didn't fool with those or the smaller p ack film. Thanks for the attention! miles

Miles, in my experience, color Polaroids do take quite a bit of "character" when they get old ;-), especially if they are not stored cold. You might find that the colors have faded and shifted towards pink.

The B&W Polaroid stuff works OK when expired. I only buy it short- dated or expired, and after a test or two for speed I can just go with it.

On very old stuff (more than a year expired at room temp) I've gotten some fog, but it's fine for practice.

out of date B&W works fine, sometimes pods dry out and sides might be unevenly developed, other than that it is good even many years after they have expired. good shooting!

Thanks for the response! I brought some of this stuff with me today and will try to see what happens....

They also had a box of some 8 by 10 stuff, when i get back, i'll check to see what it is and the date on the box and post the info, it might make some good practice stuff for just a few dollars. miles