Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Mail-In 4X5 Negative Processing & Scanning Service Lab (in US) in 2019???

Best Mail-In 4X5 Negative Processing & Scanning Service Lab (in US) in 2019???

I just bought my first 4x5 camera, a Wista 45SP with Schneider APO-Symmar 135mm f/5.6 lens. I will be shooting Portra 160 & 400 color negative film as well as Kodak TXP320 BW negative film. I have a lot of experience processing 35mm and 120 film myself at home but no longer have the time to do so. I am looking for a US-based lab I can mail my negatives to who will process and scan. What are the best services/labs out there for 2019?

Thank you for any recommendations!

Re: Best Mail-In 4X5 Negative Processing & Scanning Service Lab (in US) in 2019???

northeastphotographic (dot) com.

Re: Best Mail-In 4X5 Negative Processing & Scanning Service Lab (in US) in 2019???

The time it takes to mail the film will be about the time it takes to process it yourself, assuming that you deliver it to the shipper.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

The Darkroom

Serious Amateur Photographer pepeguitarra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    The Darkroom
    . +1
    "I have never in my life made music for money or fame. God walks out of the room when you are thinking about money." -- Quincy Jones

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    The Darkroom

I've had several issues with them scratching and not thoroughly washing my sheet film negatives. They do good work on roll film, as I've never had a problem there. But I've had to go elsewhere for sheet film negatives after being frustrated too many times by them.

I've had excellent results from Edgar Praus at 4photolab. I can also recommend North Coast Photographic. Both have exceeded my expectations. And their prices are pretty competitive too.

Serious Amateur Photographer pepeguitarra's Avatar

Isn't Darkroom the same as North Coast Photographic? Just asking.
    "I have never in my life made music for money or fame. God walks out of the room when you are thinking about money." -- Quincy Jones

Quote Originally Posted by jim10219 View Post

I've had excellent results from Edgar Praus at 4photolab. I can also recommend North Coast Photographic. Both have exceeded my expectations. And their prices are pretty competitive too.
    +1 for Edgar Praus

I've been sending E-6 and C-41 4x5 and 8x10 sheets there for a couple years with 0 issuses.

Quote Originally Posted by pepeguitarra View Post
    Isn't Darkroom the same as North Coast Photographic? Just asking.
    They are located in different cities. Do you mean that the two store/labs are owned by the Co.?

I have had great service from NCP, but have not tried sheet film.

http://www.theslideprinter.com
    Denver digital imaging center/the slide printer