Have a fall colors trip next week. This will be the first big test of my new camera. Want to use my 90mm lens for the trip. Don’t want to remove the fresnel lens that’s one of the reasons I purchased the camera. I have read some of the other suggestions. Here is my idea.

Seen another e-mail that said

But did note the false focal point at about 25 feet (fresnel in place between gg & lens). This then focused about 30% closer with the fresnel removed (about 17 feet).

So I measured out 25ft from the camera and focused on something. I then put an object 17 feet away and focused on that. I found that the rail moved 2mm back wards to focus at 17ft. (fresnel in place between gg & lens)

I than made a line on the focusing knob and found that the different from 25ft to 17ft is ¼ turn counter clock wise.

If I’m taking a photograph with no camera movement and focus on something like a fence at 25ft then move the focus knob ¼ turn counter clock wise would I be in focus?

Could I use some movement if things were at a distance from the camera? I think any thing close would be out of focus from moving the rail.

It would be a pain to do this for every photograph. I would still need to remove the fresnel to test my idea out. I think I’m going to see if I can order a back with just ground glass, so I can switch them out when I use my 90mm.