Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: flooding the board with FS posts....!

Re: flooding the board with FS posts....!

When I liquidated a studio, I made a simple website -- you could use Blogger for free -- to post and update what's been sold, price reductions, etc. and then used places like here and Photo.net, etc. to publicize the offering. It helped make it sane as otherwise you'll get confused from all the incoming messages from all the different sources, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Petronio View Post
    When I liquidated a studio, I made a simple website -- you could use Blogger for free -- to post and update what's been sold, price reductions, etc. and then used places like here and Photo.net, etc. to publicize the offering. It helped make it sane as otherwise you'll get confused from all the incoming messages from all the different sources, etc.
    Against the forum rules to use the FS section to give links to other places where your stuff is advertised...

Bump.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Quote Originally Posted by c.d.ewen View Post
    In fact, bumping with price reductions is a lot better than just bumping.
    I like that. Keep that bumping down of prices going! What a great trend. I REALLY like that!

Against the forum rules to use the FS section to give links to other places where your stuff is advertised...
    Ehh what are they going to do, arrest you? I can tempt fate next: Obama, Presbyterian

Dali-lama (two fer one!)

Quote Originally Posted by jim kitchen View Post
    Dear Mike,

Just a thought, and whether you have a moment or two, could you upload an attached "PDF" to a post that shows a complete listing of your saleable equipment? I could always contact you through your online information within the forum to inquire whether the item was sold, or whether the item of interest is still available.

Just curious...

jim k
    Jim.. Thank you for your request. I'll do that soon. However, please note that I have many more items for sale than what's currently listed. These are mostly Graflex cameras/accessories and some wooden vintage cameras. I need to get rid of all this stuff so I'm on a photo clearance binge. Heck... I have TEN of the correct Star Wars Heiland flashes I need to sell. Maybe I should dump them all at once and watch the prices crash, eh?

Sorry Eddie... I'll adopt that practice in future.

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    yup, grouping like items together would be great. mike's posts filled the 1st two pages of the FS section...effectively pushing all else way down the list.

listing many items in one post would be great when applicable.

Thank you, Charley. There are written forum rules, which I followed, and unwritten forum etiquette, which I failed to follow. This wasn't intentional and all forums seem to have their own flavor of civility. I'm just trying to fit in.

As for pricing... I did a little research before listing my items and I thought I had listed them at the high end of the going rate in order to have some haggle room. But my intention was to offer fair deals on everything. I may have been a bit optimistic about the current market.

Quote Originally Posted by c.d.ewen View Post
    Mike:

You're following the rules just fine, AFAIS. In fact, bumping with price reductions is a lot better than just bumping. Price discovery is a difficult process.

It's a fact of life that folks have to clean the closet every now and then, and I'm glad for the opportunity to pick up a treasure.

As to prices, they're relative. I recently picked up a lens I have looked years for - a 22 1/2 inch Verito extension. It was reasonably priced, but I probably would have paid much more for it, as I really wanted THAT lens.

Charley

I don't see why a single person (not a dealer) with 10 different items to sell would not be any different than 10 people selling a single thing each.