Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting rid of negative FS posts from non-involved users...

Re: Getting rid of negative FS posts from non-involved users...

Where does it end? Why not just ask the moderators to cut out all rude behavior? When all the rudeness has been censored, then we can have them cut annoying posts too....and then they can correct all grammatical errors and so on...why stop with the negative, un-necessary praise irritating too why not ask the mods to censor that too?

Shit man! Grow up!

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

As long as we're venting about annoying things... how about those "bumps"... can we get rid of them too?

Although, I shouldn't really say anything since I've become aware of some good stuff only after it was bumped.

People are funny, my folk just listed their house for sale. Several knows who have no intention have of buying the house and who haven't been in it since we fixed it to put it on the market have offered strong opinions to the fact that the house is priced way to high. I think it just kills them that some might make some money when they sell.

I would say no, keep the posts, over all I don't think it's that big of a deal. Quite truthfully I have come close to commenting on a few prices, but thankfully refrained.

Roger

Rudness is one thing, harming someone's sale is quite another.

Whoever feels the urge to tell the world how unfairly Seller X priced his Item Y is free not just to refrain from buying but also and more to the point, start a brand new thread telling the world all about it.

Just leave other people's FS ads alone.

The whole point of this forum is supposed to be about providing information. If someone has reason to believe a price is too high or knows the item can be bought for less elsewhere, I see no problem at all with him or her passing that information along. A potential buyer can accept or reject it or a seller might choose to justify the price with more information about the item. But whatever the result, I don't know why anyone would object to the information being provided except perhaps a seller trying to gouge an unwary buyer. Rude? Oh please.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

As a newbie to Large Format, I think people should be allowed to make comments if they feel something is overpriced. I know I personally would feel crummy if I bought something here only to learn I could have paid a lot less for something of similar quality. Yes, I understand that research is my own responsibility. However, part of the reason newbies join something like this forum is to get help and advice on their new hobby. Helping newbies make sensible purchases helps keep them enthusiastic about large format. Making newbies "sink or swim" alone is likely to just discourage them to flee back to medium format or 35mm film. At least, I know I would feel discouraged...

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Quote Originally Posted by somebody with greater social conciousness than I (or is that 'me'?) View Post
    The whole point of this forum is supposed to be about providing information. If someone has reason to believe a price is too high or knows the item can be bought for less elsewhere, I see no problem at all with him or her passing that information along.
    I have some VERY INTERESTING information about an item currently offered. If anyone would like to know what I know... please remit $5 to my PayPal account and I will immediately provide the information.
    Last edited by BrianShaw; 25-Sep-2009 at 13:00. Reason: For just $1 more I'll spellcheck the message.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ellis View Post
    The whole point of this forum is supposed to be about providing information. If someone has reason to believe a price is too high or knows the item can be bought for less elsewhere, I see no problem at all with him or her passing that information along. A potential buyer can accept or reject it or a seller might choose to justify the price with more information about the item. But whatever the result, I don't know why anyone would object to the information being provided except perhaps a seller trying to gouge an unwary buyer. Rude? Oh please.
    I totally agree with Brian. This is a forum . . . not a venue where the seller has paid to list their item. Like any other forum (internet of otherwise) some people can be rude but so be it. If you feel you are listing your item for a fair price, let the market decide. I have bought and sold many items using this forum and see no reason to change it at all. Many times, the question that was asked and then answered for all to see is one that I would have asked myself. The free flow of information never hurts.

Henry

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    I have some VERY INTERESTING information about an item currently offered. If anyone would like to know what I know... please remit $5 to my PayPal account and I will immediately provide the information.
    I think this is vastly overpriced. I will provide mildly interesting information for 1 dollar
    Regards
    Bill

Well, as I stated before, I think it's appropriate for someone to say something if the price is obviously off. As others have stated this is a forum of members with similar interests... not an auction house like feeBay on which everyone knows he/she can get screwed. Bad form to post a comment on WAY overpiced items? Nahh... it's far worse form to rip off another LFP.info member... noob or otherwise.