Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IQSmart 2 How much

Re: IQSmart 2 How much

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce M. Herman View Post
    Sounds like you have a pretty good situation.

I'm not sure about the costs for delivery and installation. Some of the costs may be for crating the scanner and all of the accessories.

My understanding is that the software was developed for a Mac and ported to the PC platform. I recommend going with the Mac version. You can pick up a used G4 and run Oxygen on it.

One thing you might ask about are the fluid mount accessories. Kodak's documentation recommends using a fluid mount when the enlargement factor exceeds 800%. If you're printing at 360 dpi, that's about 2880 dpi on the scanner for a 4x5, assuming that you would actually scan the full 4x5 area. Obviously, this is just Kodak's recommendation, but I thought that it might be useful for you to know.

Enjoy your scanner!
    Thanks
    The scanner will scan 5x4 and 8x10 at full 4300 dpi resolution, so there is need for the fluid mounting kit, as it is very expensive, over a £1K.

WhatI might opt for is the pc and mac software, initially use for the pc until I get myself a second had mac, does this mean the machine will have to re-calibrated on the second machine?

Re: IQSmart 2 How much

Quote Originally Posted by Don Dudenbostel View Post
    I considered purchasing one of the IQ Smart scanners about four years ago. I tried and tried to get Kodak to respond to my inquiries but had no luck for a year. Yes a year, it took a full year to get a response from them?????. I figured if they had this little interest in selling a scanner then service would be a nightmare too. The short story is that i bought a demo scanner from Fuji. I bought a higher end Finescan 5000 scanner for much less. The retail on the Fuji is ~$30K and i bought it for under $5K. Parts are high for any top end scanner. The glass for the Fuji is $1200 each but a case of 12 bulbs was only a little over $200. Consider that Kodak is notorious for not selling parts or offering service unless you have their very expensive service contract. With either company service is high and parts may not be available for long after a product is discontinued.

Having owned an Imacon scanner previously I would buy another Imacon if it would scan the formats I use. For me I needed a scanner that would scan 11x14 B&W and bigger and the Imacon can't do that. Imacon / Hasselblad quality is excellent and service is equally as good. I ordered custom film holders and had them in a couple of weeks which was half the time I was told. Any questions were answered promptly and accurately unlike Fuji and Kodak. Fuji no longer offers updates to software and Kodak charges but Imacon offers free software updates for all their products.
    MY company has two of these Kodak iQsmart1 Scanners, used rarely, almost new in great conditions. If you still could use at least one, please make a reasonable offer include your contact info, and I could connect you to the man in charge. I hate to these them go to waste when someone else could use them. The market price is very high still, but I am sure that you could get them for a great deal.
    Thank you so much for reading.
    Len Ferre'