Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Anybody using Pyrocat-HD or MC as a Compensating Developer?

Re: Anybody using Pyrocat-HD or MC as a Compensating Developer?

Quote Originally Posted by MHoth View Post
    i have ordered the Jobo 3010 expert drum and a beseler motor roller base for developing
    can you suggest me the pyrocat hd for this drum?

(as i'm in europe i can only import from usa the rollo pyro or pyrocat m with high shipping costs )

thx
    I use an 3010 and an 3006 with 2 bath Pyrocat HD. Personally I use 1+20 with a minimum of 450mls of A+B (to ensure full coverage of the film in the tank) 6 minutes each constant rotation at 25 degrees C.

To prevent streaking you need to add a few drops of Photoflo (or similar) to the Solution A

Can you not buy the chemicals themselves and make up your Pyrocat HD, its not difficult, Silverprint in the UK sell what you need and that along with a stirring paddle and a digital Jewellers scale will be all you need?

I plan to develop Foma 100 sheets with divided Pyrocat-HD for the first time this week. I think divided Pyrocat-HD will work better that plain Pyrocat-HD because Foma 100 is a contrasty film for itself and because I live in the south of Spain, where we have a lot of light.

This comment is worrying me

Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    [...]
    The problem you may have is that you will get uneven development unless you are able to wet the film out with developer in Solution B completely at once. This may be difficult with some Jobo tanks.
    [...]
    I develop 4x5 sheets in a Combi-Plan tank and it takes about 35 to 40 seconds to be completely filled with the developer: does the comment above means it is not recommended to develop with divided Pyrocat-HD using a tank?

Quote Originally Posted by Domingo A. Siliceo View Post
    I develop 4x5 sheets in a Combi-Plan tank and it takes about 35 to 40 seconds to be completely filled with the developer: does the comment above means it is not recommended to develop with divided Pyrocat-HD using a tank?
    Domingo - had the same concern when I started, because it takes a while to fill my developing tanks during development. The good news is that it was not a problem with my tanks, which probably take 20 to 30 seconds to fill. And, I found the chemicals good for "one developing session", which in my means that I use the same chemicals for 3 to 5 tank loads of film during one four or five hour develop session. So, my suggestion would be to test it with one sheet and that sheet turns out well, you develop the rest of your film in that developing session.

Best,

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Decker View Post
    [...]
    So, my suggestion would be to test it with one sheet and that sheet turns out well, you develop the rest of your film in that developing session.
    [...]
    thanks, Jay.