Thread: Another computer supplier

Another computer supplier

I want to mention this in the event someone wants to upgrade their computer and remain on a Windows platform. This manufacturer is primarily a boutique gaming computer manufacturer named Falcon Northwest. The gaming capability is also what I needed with video processing. It would also lend itself to processing large digital files.

http://www.falcon-nw.com/

I spent a fair amount of time checking Mac Pro, Dell and others and this company has a very good reputation and reasonable prices for what they offer. They have been in business for 17 years. I think that I spent about $500 more than Dell and about $2000 less than Mac for an equally equipped machine.

Re: Another computer supplier

You do want a gaming machine. They are optimized for 3D and will cost you dollars you do not need to spend. Unless you do lots of video crunching you do not need massive processor power.

You need lots of RAM, a SATA array of drives and a decent multi core processor.

Consider building your own. It's 8 - 10 parts and 20 odd screws. Takes me about an hour but I've built quite a few. Be about $100 saving at the least.

Re: Another computer supplier

Quote Originally Posted by PenGun View Post
    You do want a gaming machine. They are optimized for 3D and will cost you dollars you do not need to spend. Unless you do lots of video crunching you do not need massive processor power.

You need lots of RAM, a SATA array of drives and a decent multi core processor.

Consider building your own. It's 8 - 10 parts and 20 odd screws. Takes me about an hour but I've built quite a few. Be about $100 saving at the least.
    Thanks,
    I built my last machine and while I saved money, I had ongoing motherboard failures and I don't want to go down that road again. This machine that is being built has the Intel I7 950processor (overclocked and liquid cooled) mounted on an asus PST motherboard, 12 gigs of ddr3 ram, Goforce gts 285 video card with 1 gig of dedicated video memory, 2 ea 1TB Hd and dual optical drives...1 BD read/write. I do more and more video processing and this should handle it.