Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Efke 25 Sheet FIlm Supply

Efke 25 Sheet FIlm Supply

Wondered if anyone knew why there appears to not be much Efke 25 sheet film in stock in 11x14, 8x20 and 8x10? Freestyle normally carries it as does Digital Truth but no supplies in stock.

Hope that it is as simple as an inventory shortcoming and not a production disruption.

Thanks in advance,

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Re: Efke 25 Sheet FIlm Supply

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak View Post
    Wondered if anyone knew why there appears to not be much Efke 25 sheet film in stock in 11x14, 8x20 and 8x10? Freestyle normally carries it as does Digital Truth but no supplies in stock.

Hope that it is as simple as an inventory shortcoming and not a production disruption.

Thanks in advance,
    Michael, I was at Freestyle last week and they said that they would not be carrying the Efke 25 in 11x14 or 8x20. Only in 8x10. They had a box of short date 11x14 for 90.00 but my friend beat me to it! I picked up a box of 8x10 and I believe they have more in stock. i wish I would of had the means to get some in 11x14 and 8x20 as I love the PL-25. They will be stocking the PL100 in all three sizes.

jim

I was hoping that was not the case. Maybe against all odds someone else could make it available domestically. I have some 8x20 FP4+ coming but would like the opportunity to stock up with this great film. I wonder if Digital Truth can order some for us? Maybe I will shoot them a note shortly.

Thanks Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak View Post
    I was hoping that was not the case. Maybe against all odds someone else could make it available domestically. I have some 8x20 FP4+ coming but would like the opportunity to stock up with this great film. I wonder if Digital Truth can order some for us? Maybe I will shoot them a note shortly.

Thanks Jim.
    Michale let me know how you do. I love this in all three formats. 8x10,11x14 and 8x20. Could use more in 11x14 and 8x20.

Jim

I sent an e-mail to Digital Truth and if that does not pan out I will make some calls overseas. WIll keep you posted as in agreement with you - this is a great film at a manageable price.

Hope we can find a way to solve this problem.

Cheers!

How many 11x14 films are now available? What happened to the shrinking availability of this format is it on the way out, slowly, I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by Turner Reich View Post
    How many 11x14 films are now available? What happened to the shrinking availability of this format is it on the way out, slowly, I hope not.
    I hope it is not on the way out also. I love the contact prints I get from my 11x14. I do have 300 sheets of x-ray film so I do have some film to shoot.

Jim

Jim and Michael, I have been shocked how razor sharp this film is via the "dr5" process.

Also, this film loves bright sunlight.

Oh, it is inexpensive too.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fisher View Post
    Jim and Michael, I have been shocked how razor sharp this film is via the "dr5" process.

Also, this film loves bright sunlight.

Oh, it is inexpensive too.
    You should see what an 11x14 carbon print looks like from one of the 11x14 Efke 25 negatives!

Jim

Jim,

You don't find the 25 ISO speed a limitation? I suppose this may have something to do with your Southern Californian location.

Tom.