Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Developing with Tetenal C41 Kit

Re: Developing with Tetenal C41 Kit

John, Do BH drop ship the Tetenal C41 kit? i know they don't ship most chemicals but there is no mention of this for the Tetenal 15L kit.

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matei Bejenaru View Post
    Dear Thomas and John,
    Thank you for your mesages. I've made some tests today taking into consideration Thomas advices:
    - I made the stabilisation bath in a tray and, after 2 min, I hang the 4x5 negatives.
    - when they became dry, I noticed that there is a non-uniform layer semitransparent on the negative (from the stabilisation bath layer which get dry?).
    Do you have any idea why?
    Also, as I wrote before, I use a Jobo expert drum. Another problem occured:
    -on an edge of the negative there is a stripe of undeveloping. Because of the incorrect positioning of the film in the tank? I think that this is my mistake and not a design of the tank problem.

Thank you in advance for your comments,
    Matei Bejenaru
    I never had a problem with residue left on the film and as far as uneven development, I suggest that you check that the drum is level on the processor. Place a torpedo or bubble level on the tank when its on the processor and use the wedges supplied with the processor to make any corrections. However, if you're using the correct amouont of chemistry (330 ml per 8x10 sheet or 4 4x5 sheets) I doubt that leveling is your problem.

Using hand inversion on the 1500 and 2500 series drums, make sure that the chemistry comes all the way up to the top of the spout. Too far down in the spot will result in a portion of the roll being out of the chemistry when not being agitated.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Pedersen View Post
    John, Do BH drop ship the Tetenal C41 kit? i know they don't ship most chemicals but there is no mention of this for the Tetenal 15L kit.
    Try ordering it on line instead of calling. Sometimes when I call and talk to a real person at B&H they tell me they won't ship. But order from the web site and no problem.

Strange but true.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ambrose View Post
    Tetenal C41 chemistry has not been made for several years, I think.
    Not quite. The packaging, name and some process details have changed, but there still are C41 and E6 colour kits by Tetenal. Not as many variations as they had ten or twenty years ago - they replaced all of them with the Colortec series (of one process each).

Sevo