Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nudes in LF lenses

Nudes in LF lenses

Looking, for some Nudes photographers working on 4x5 camera's on film or digital back but using 4x5 or 8x10. I'm wondering if you could give me some Info's about web galleries showing LF Nudes.

I wan't to start making nudes wyth my Cambo Legend, and wondering if I will get better result's that on my Mamiya RB 67 or my friend's borowed Hasselblad 500. I wan't to see what can I get using 4x5 in nude photography. Please Help.

Re: Nudes in LF lenses

The few times I tried photographing in the nude it wasn't worth the trouble. Who needs all that attention?
    John Youngblood
    www.jyoungblood.com

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

I tried taking a nude self-portrait once, but couldn't quite figure out which side of hte camera I should be on.

Frank Petronio.....
    Greg Lockrey

Wealth is a state of mind.
    Money is just a tool.
    Happiness is pedaling +25mph on a smooth road.

Patrick Alt....

dellos, what do you mean by "better?" Sounds like your basic question is whether LF is better than MF....

On this forum the answer is Yes (mostly, depending, etc., etc.)

I mean, the quality of end efect. I mean I wuld like to get quality of sharpness and ideal skin structure. I used the MF and it was 100 times better than 35mm. The 35 is good for working in wood's and on street's where you need to be fast doing nudes.

But in studio I have time, I don't need to be rushed and I would like to get the best shots. Usualy I'm using B&W films in 50 or 100 or 160 ISO. Some time's I use color Fuji for 35mm. In studio I'm using 2 flash lights 600Ws and my studio is about 56m2 big.

Well, I would like to get some websites, where can I see photos of Nudes made by 4x5 cammera to see what is possible to get on Large format. I know is good for architecture but it's the easiest way to do photos, the bulding is standing still.

look for the work of edward weston, irving penn, jock sturges .....

Is Jock Sturges Nudes made by LF ?? If yes, what is his website or gallery I can't find it

Yes, Jock Sturges' nudes are done with an 8x10. Avedon did quite a few, too. For example, check out some of his Pirelli calender shots. Sinar used to have some examples in their book on portraiture. Wynn Bullock did some very nice nudes with LF.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

As you've already found in moving from 35mm to 120 film, the qualities you seek increase considerably with negative size. It will continue to increase as you move into large format. However, as you already expect, the method of working will slow down. This can be good or bad, depending on the photographer's own vision and desires.

Sadly, the low-resolution of web-based images won't show you whether the qualities you seek are there. What they might show you is whether others are able to make the sort of images you want using the slower, more deliberate methods of large format. Reproductions in books might better tell you what you want to know. As mentioned, Weston, Bullock, Sturges, and I'd add Sally Mann's early work.
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."