Thread: Graphic View Camera

Graphic View Camera

Today I saw an old Graphic View Camera. It seens to be in very good condition, i ncluding the original red bellows and the tripod head. Looks like the movements are a little limited for modern standards, but I think that it is enought for me . Any comments about this camera? Do you think that it can work for studio still l ife pictures? Any idea of what should be a fair price? Thank you very much.

Graphic View Camera

Rodrigo,

Take a look under "Cameras" at the bottom of your question page. There are over 500 postings about cameras and many of them are about the Graphic View. It is a great camera and many people still use them.

Graphic View Camera

Graphic Views are fine cameras, and were probably among the best from their era. Their primary limitations are as follows:

Lack of bellows interchangability Lack of extension rails Not as rigid as modern monorails Smallish (4") lens boards No rear rise/fall, and limited front rise/fall Vertical/horizontal back as oposed to true rotating back.

Even with these limitations, the Graphic View should still perform well for your purposes. Prices without lens should probably range from $100 for a Graphic View I (base tilts) in poor but usable shape, to $250 for a Graphic View II (axis tilts) in good shape. A grafloc back generally adds about $50 to the price. Check ebay for more accurate pricing, and keep in mind that on used gear, if you pay a fair price, you can usually resell it (if you don't like it) at little or no loss.

multiplex

Graphic View Camera

hi there: i used a graphic view ii for my main view camera for 10 years, and i really liked it. it had good bellows extension, and could handle a 90mm lens but nothing wider since the bellows were fixed. one thing you might out is if it has a graflock back so if you wanted to use 120 / 220 film you would be able to.

Graphic View Camera

FYI. I may have paid too much, but last month I purchased a Graphic View on Ebay for 450.00, it came with a Kodak Commercial Ektar 8.5" Lens and Tripod mount. The camera was in E+ shape. I seen other Graphic views go between 100-200 without lens on Ebay. However I recent auction, about 1 week ago sold a Graphic View with Lens (not kodak), tripod mount and case for about 225.00. You might also want to check http://www.graflex.org for information.