Thread: Scanner profiling and wet mount fluid

Scanner profiling and wet mount fluid

Just getting back to my 4x5 photography and ordered an Epson V700 to get a good portion of my work onto the computer.

A few years back I had used a program called Profile Prism to generate scanner and printer profiles (with mixed success). Has anyone here used this program recently to generate scanner profiles and in particular compared them with those made with Vuescan (or some other software like lcms, EZColor, Silverfast)? I will be using Wolf Faust targets.

I also plan to purchase a wet/dry 4x5 holder from Doug Fisher at betterscanning. Where have people purchased Kami fluid and cover sheets from? Pitman does not have any Kami products listed as Doug mentions. Ideally I could buy locally and avoid the hazmat charges on shipping, I am in west Los Angeles.

Thanks for any advice!

Re: Scanner profiling and wet mount fluid

Mr. Faust recommends a different ICC creation program. Check out his site. If you can't find it, I'll try to look it up.

I bought my Kami supplies from Aztek and on Ebay.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Octogenarian

No problem with shipping restrictions when ordering Kami wet mount fluid from Aztek.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Ross View Post

I also plan to purchase a wet/dry 4x5 holder from Doug Fisher at betterscanning. Where have people purchased Kami fluid and cover sheets from? Pitman does not have any Kami products listed as Doug mentions. Ideally I could buy locally and avoid the hazmat charges on shipping, I am in west Los Angeles.

Thanks for any advice!
    Doug Fisher actually has a page on his site of inexpensive sources for mounting supplies. http://www.betterscanning.com/scanni...dmounting.html

Sandy King

You could also try Prazio scanning fluids, which are similar. I suggest their starter kit, if you have not purchased from them previously.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat Photography