Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adobe support????

Adobe support????

Jez. What happened to Adobe technical support? I bought an upgrade for one of my computers and had a serial number issue..............3 hours and 29 minutes on the phone with about 3 hours of that on hold while being transferred 3 times. I have never seen this from Adobe before.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Re: Adobe support????

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings View Post
    Jez. What happened to Adobe technical support? I bought an upgrade for one of my computers and had a serial number issue..............3 hours and 29 minutes on the phone with about 3 hours of that on hold while being transferred 3 times. I have never seen this from Adobe before.
    Kirk, The last time I phoned them (also on a serial number issue) I think they hooked me up with someone in India. My wait wasn't nearly that long but like many of the tech support positions they seem to have gone offshore. I have heard a number of complaints about Adobe support lately...unfortunately I don't know of a replacement for their software that is nearly as robust.

Bean counters and marketers shoved aside the engineers and visionaries. After they acquired Macromedia, there was no competition left so the center of gravity shifted from creating cool stuff to cost-cutting, that's what happened. They don't care for gaining and keeping the customers any more, all they care now is how to squeeze every single penny out of the existing ones.

Keeps happening every time. Almost happened to Apple, but then Steve came back. Hopefully, Thomas Knoll will come back some day too, before it becomes too late for Adobe.

Either that or some proverbial new kid will pop out of nowhere and take the block by storm. That happens all the time too in the software industry.

Yeah, it's amazing. Call customer support and you have to wade through a hierarchy of menus to only end up listening to a repetitive message that says "Your business is important to us. Please wait on the line and someone will be with you shortly..." Call sales, press the right button, and it almost amounts to instantaneous gratification.

Well, okay, not quite. But you know what I mean.

Now I think I'll go back to looking at the pictures at Frank P's site...

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings View Post
    I had a similar problem a couple years ago with a serial number when I tried to install CS3 on my wife's computer after installing it on mine. Not as long as you but a long time on holds and several transfers from one person to another.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

I have yet to find any mass produced product or service that offers excellent or even good customer service. Verizon is in one of the worst offenders out there right now.

I had a nightmare with Verizon and DSL. Six months averaging 18 outages a day. Dozens of phone calls and allot of guesswork on their part. They came out 6 times and failed to fix it so I gave up and switched to cable.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:

The only guys I ever called for support was Adobe. That is in the mid 90s before I knew much. That was the last time as well as the first. I concluded I was on my own.

LOL, that's scary. Did Adobe farm out customer service to India?

Quote Originally Posted by SamReeves View Post
    LOL, that's scary. Did Adobe farm out customer service to India?
    Well in my most recent contact with them, the three persons I talked with all had heavy East Indian accents. this was not true in previous years when I had issues with upgrades.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73: