Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hello from Sydney, Australia

Re: Hello from Sydney, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Lewis View Post
    ... this is also a good impetus for all us Sydney LF's to meet - perhaps regularly. I reckon for the first meeting we should just make in a central/easy location. Just to get the ball rolling I would suggest Balls Head at Waverton, on a Saturday afternoon, perhaps August 22. I suggest we all bring some gear and talk about it over a few beers!
    Hi Anthony,

I'm potentially a goer for this. At this stage the suggested locale and date work for me.

By Balls Head, do I understand you to mean the reserve or were you thinking of a particular location? Is there a nearby venue we can retire to in case of inclement weather?

Cheers

I was thinking of the reserve. There is a car park and bar-b-cue area there. Inclement weather. No I have no plans for that - any ideas? Let me think about it!
    Be a slave to technology, or shoot film.
    www.abriefvisionoftime.com
    www.photorepair.com.au

I'm getting closer to having everything arranged. I'll pickup my airplane tickets in the morning.

I'll be in Sydney twice, one the way in and out of Australia. I arrive 30 Sept ~ 1900 hrs, and leave for Victoria early on 2 Oct ~ 0700 (I need to be there by late afternoon).

My first day in Oz will be a day just to wind down from work; we could meet for lunch or a beer or two (I'm keen on the Opera Bar - so I can do some night shots of the harbour area).

Then I can be back on either 11 October (it's a Sunday) or 12 October. I'll fly home on the evening of 14 Oct, ~ 2100 hrs or so. On the way in, I'll probably stay at the Mecure near the airport, but I'll be open on the return trip.

Gear; I'll have my Chamonix and either a Nikon F6 (most likely) or D200 (if I decide to only shoot LF on this trip). I shoot mostly Velvia 50.

Contact me either here, or TraditionalPhotographer.net.

Hi Anthony

Don't worry, you aren't stepping on anyone's toes.

I'm glad for any and all suggestions.
    I am easy. I have a car and will go wherever the vote decides. Balls Head sounds like a good location to get the ball rolling, and August 22nd is OK with me. Any location on the harbour is prime.

Any other suggestions?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Lewis View Post
    Robert Stow you initiated the meeting with Robert T so I hope I am not pushing into your organising, but I wouldn't mind meeting up with him in September as well if that is OK?

Anyway I think this is also a good impetus for all us Sydney LF's to meet - perhaps regularly. I reckon for the first meeting we should just make in a central/easy location. Just to get the ball rolling I would suggest Balls Head at Waverton, on a Saturday afternoon, perhaps August 22. I suggest we all bring some gear and talk about it over a few beers!

If this suits the majority then lets go for it, however if it is not OK by someone, then certainly suggest the alternative here - in the end I can fit in with anywhere.

I think that if anyone else is just a real film fan then they can turn up as well. When we have reached a consensus then I will put a post on APUG as well. Please all let me know what you think?

Robert T - thanks for your post. I, and others, will try and catch up with you when you are in - bound. The Opera Bar sounds great. Lets firm up on times when a little closer to your arrival on this thread? I must say hotels near airports in this country aren't the greatest!

Robert S this thread now has two points, meeting RT, and organising a Sydney LF meet. I think its best for me to start another thread to organise the Sydney LF's get together, and I will also put a thread on APUG. Hope this is OK by all.
    Be a slave to technology, or shoot film.
    www.abriefvisionoftime.com
    www.photorepair.com.au

Hi Robert

Looking forward to meeting you when you are here.
    Happy for you to stay at my place on your way out of Sydney if you like. I do live quite a way from the airport and I do have a 2 year old running about, but I like to drive and am constantly venturing out into the field in search of new locations.
    Could manage a quick trip to the Blue Mountains.
    Anthony mentioned his place in Mount Victoria. Might make a good base camp?
    Otherwise there is always the coast.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by roteague View Post
    I'm getting closer to having everything arranged. I'll pickup my airplane tickets in the morning.

I'll be in Sydney twice, one the way in and out of Australia. I arrive 30 Sept ~ 1900 hrs, and leave for Victoria early on 2 Oct ~ 0700 (I need to be there by late afternoon).

My first day in Oz will be a day just to wind down from work; we could meet for lunch or a beer or two (I'm keen on the Opera Bar - so I can do some night shots of the harbour area).

Then I can be back on either 11 October (it's a Sunday) or 12 October. I'll fly home on the evening of 14 Oct, ~ 2100 hrs or so. On the way in, I'll probably stay at the Mecure near the airport, but I'll be open on the return trip.

Gear; I'll have my Chamonix and either a Nikon F6 (most likely) or D200 (if I decide to only shoot LF on this trip). I shoot mostly Velvia 50.

Contact me either here, or TraditionalPhotographer.net.

Large Format group in Sydney?

Can anyone here tell me if there is a large format group here in Sydney.
    Or a club of sorts I guess.

Thank you.