Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plasticca on sale on the bay..

Plasticca on sale on the bay..

Don't know what to think..

on one hand there is an amazing 450 Plasticca for sale...

on the other hand the seller is "cameo_needs_ham" and there has been said a lot about him as seller...

(AND he uses ME (or rather my images) as reference to the plasticca....)

but here it is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Antique-Pictoria...A1%7C294%3A200

Re: Plasticca on sale on the bay..

har har har. it is no bargain.....you have been warned.....i would not buy anything from him.

i know some people who got a lucky deal....then i know others that got a good/interesting lens BUT not the lens it was supposed to be.....

keep us posted

PS. make him pull your images/intellectual property.....
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

You don't see those very often.

I'm commenting on this here, because it seems to fit. Yesterday I noticed an obscure, antique lens had disappeared, then reappeared. It's on auction with a different seller. The seller's comments were, "Ebay removed it because I'd mentioned two different possible manufacturers....thought I was misleading buyers..."

This seller had done honest research, and mentioned the two possible makers (quite correctly), saying "possible". FeeBay found it and killed it. Now jump to some of these "other sellers" who consistantly misrepresent lenses, heist pictures and websites to help their ads, use references and even period advertisements that don't even match the lens being sold, etc. There is an ad right now, that lists "Darlot" in the title, and there is no Darlot. There are lenses every week who's title reads; "Brass Lens", when it's a crappy, old black lacquered tessar from the 40s. Why does OhBoy do nothing about these? Could it be the high sales volume and fees???? Hmmm...

this auction is again misleading. our 'friend' refers to pictures made with and a catalog of Oscar Zwerzina lens. the lens listed is a J. MARYNEN BRUXELLES lens. perhaps they are quite similar, but imho not the same.
    btw another 'friend' (read shady seller on ebay) sold such a lens in an as new condition for 1300$ some time ago...
    anyone used this lens ? comparison with the original Plastica ?

Quote Originally Posted by seven View Post
    this auction is again misleading. our 'friend' refers to pictures made with and a catalog of Oscar Zwerzina lens. the lens listed is a J. MARYNEN BRUXELLES lens. perhaps they are quite similar, but imho not the same.
    btw another 'friend' (read shady seller on ebay) sold such a lens in an as new condition for 1300$ some time ago...
    anyone used this lens ? comparison with the original Plastica ?
    well - it looks excately like my Plasticca.
    photoarsenal had one of these for sale for a long time (J. MARYNEN BRUXELLES Plasticca lens). I wondered about the same thing as you did - photoarsenal surely knew what to charge for it.... (don't know how they sell anything with those prices...).

So whether it is the same lens or not, I don't know. And it would be nice to know..

let's hope someone who used or has one reads this thread

where do they find this stuff? thats my question.

Im still waiting for someone to tell me about the local estate sale where I can get one of these and an ermanox 9x12 cm for 500$ so I can flip them on the bay and make a real living..
    Ektachrome 64 x wishes and Tech Pan Dreams

frenchglen hotel, frenchglen, oregon

Here is one done with the 450mm Plasticca. The name change could have been a change of ownership sometime during production perhaps. I think I paid about $570 for mine including the shipping from Germany.

well - it was sold for the asking price... (start price) - ca 730$ (which in my mind is rather steep for a lens without a shutter... I paid about 300 for mine (a 300mm) in a working compur shutter..)

yes, i got it. imho the price was ok. now i have a 8x10 Diana