Thread: Omega SCA-400 Micro CPU Color Analyzer?

Omega SCA-400 Micro CPU Color Analyzer?

I have an Omega SCA-400 micro Computer Color Analyzer. I'm using it as a time for my enlarger. I was looking at all the other button the other day thinking. What does the micro Computer Color Analyzer do? Is it of any use for B&W printing?

Thanks, Jacob

Re: Omega SCA-400 Micro CPU Color Analyzer?

The SCA 400 was originally intended to be used in color printing. The device measured the color balance, suggested a filter pack and the exposure time for printing both negative and transparencies.

Re: your question of it's possible application for BW printing...it may be of possible application in arriving at and controlling print exposure times...although, I must admit, it is akin to using a neuro surgeons scalpel for wood carving.

Re: Omega SCA-400 Micro CPU Color Analyzer?

Jacob;

I have PDF manual which outlines the use of the device for color and B&W. If you would like I can forward it to you from Omega. My email there is gblank(at)omegasatter.com

Best regards Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfnphotography View Post
    I have an Omega SCA-400 micro Computer Color Analyzer. I'm using it as a time for my enlarger. I was looking at all the other button the other day thinking. What does the micro Computer Color Analyzer do? Is it of any use for B&W printing?

Thanks, Jacob