Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nikkor-SW 150mm F8 lens/Copal 1 Shutter.

Nikkor-SW 150mm F8 lens/Copal 1 Shutter.

Does anyone know were I can get a new aperture scale for this lens?

Re: Nikkor-SW 150mm F8 lens/Copal 1 Shutter.

I believe it will be very difficult to find an original aperture scale for your lens but, there are fortunately a good chance that SK Grimes can custom make one for you.
    Give Adam a call or email http://www.skgrimes.com/

Ed,
    Are you mounting it in a new shutter and are you selling it? I am local, have bought from you when you were closing on 116th st and since you have moved down on Forest Home...Evan Clarke

Evan, I sold this lens to a lady in France, the photographer who had it had the wrong aperture scale on it. I am trying to find someone who can make me a new one.
    Thanks,
    Ed

Jan, Thank you very much for the info. S.K. Grimes was able to help me out.
    Thank you,
    Ed

Do or do not. There is no try.

Nikon used a custom version of the Copal shutter for their lenses. It had a one-piece aperture scale wrapped completely around the outer barrel and held in place by the cable-release mount. I don't know if the shutter body is threaded to accept standard aperture bands, but I could check tonight.

You may be able to purchase the band you need directly from Nikon USA (assuming you're in the US, otherwise try your local/regional Nikon repair facility) if stock still exists. Nikon USA, at least, will sell to individuals and were very pleasant to deal with when I recently bought one. Mine took about 6 weeks because there was no US stock, but at least one copy of the one I needed was in stock in Japan. The cost was well under what SKGrimes charge, even including shipping.

The screws that secure the cable release mount and the sync terminal have especially narrow slots relative to their head diameter. I had to file down a jeweler's screwdriver to get a good fit. Those screws are tiny, be sure to work over a large bowl to catch them when you drop them, or they'll vanish.

Hello Steve,
    I think i am the "lady in France" who baught the lens (except that i am a man).
    I am still looking for that, because nikon france is not as elegant as nikon USA: they told me "discontinued, forget our help"...
    Could you give me any contact at nikon USA able to sell me that item?
    The lens has a copal 1 shutter wich is not the original, done by roddenstock, with an apeture scale starting at 4.5.
    It would be very useful for me if anybody wouls have a picture of the original lens or a nikon brochure with good pictures.

For those who helps, some funny pictures from my father : http://rene.maltete.com/

Robin, The false lady from France, found of 8x10 pictures.

Copal sells scales for their shutters and these are available from any camera repair station. Any camera repair station that services shutters can also make scales that have the markings for your lens and make sure that the markings are properly calibrated to your specific lens. You probably want both scales for the shutter.

Unhappy Re: Nikkor-SW 150mm F8 lens/Copal 1 Shutter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon - HP Marketing View Post
    Copal sells scales for their shutters and these are available from any camera repair station. Any camera repair station that services shutters can also make scales that have the markings for your lens and make sure that the markings are properly calibrated to your specific lens. You probably want both scales for the shutter.
    I already tried the bigger large format shop in France, with no success!
    I will try to contact copal europe in germany (http://www.nidec-copal-de.com/) in order to get scales...
    If you have a contact in USA, it would be apreciated

Edvins, Glad to know it worked out.