Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: B&H - So much smarter than Photog's Formulary (NOT!)

Re: B&H - So much smarter than Photog's Formulary (NOT!)

Other than Formulary's contact frame being $3 cheaper on B&H site than on the Formulary's own site, I don't get what all the consternation is about...

I mean, those who know what a contact frame is will save $3, those who don't think $56 is a wee bit too much for a picture frame will support the Formulary and make them supply these frames longer.

Thats a good one! In fact with those extra knobs and gadgets on the back, maybe they were even showing it as an illuminated digital frame (thats a bright picture) .

Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Thats a good one! In fact with those extra knobs and gadgets on the back, maybe they were even showing it as an illuminated digital frame (thats a bright picture) .
    I thought the same thing -- it looks like a rear-illuminated duratrans.

LOL, good find.

But really B&H has always been the best on price and delivery, so I wouldn't go hatin' on them.

I'm no fan of B&H - I don't buy from them at all any more because of a very bad experience years ago - but this seems like going way out of your way to find something to criticize. B&H sells everything from camcorders to TVs to audio gear to photo stuff. You could probably buy a refrigerator from them if you really wanted to. So the fact that they even bother selling something like a contact printing frame seems pretty admirable to me. And going to the trouble of starting a thread just to criticize them for how they display a contact printing frame on their web site seems petty to say the least.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

I was simply posting something I found amusing.

I'm a customers of both companies and have always been happy with them.

No big deal...but the contact printing frames themselves leave much to be desired. I gave a workshop in which someone was using this type of contact printing frame (no rugby player's photo, btw) and every time she closed those clamps, everyone else jumped -- loud, ear-shattering noise! A potential for finger-smashing, also.

I question the ability to keep good contact between neg and photo material...especially with larger sizes -- with only edge clamps.

Vaughn

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    No big deal...but the contact printing frames themselves leave much to be desired. I gave a workshop in which someone was using this type of contact printing frame (no rugby player's photo, btw) and every time she closed those clamps, everyone else jumped -- loud, ear-shattering noise! A potential for finger-smashing, also.

I question the ability to keep good contact between neg and photo material...especially with larger sizes -- with only edge clamps.

Vaughn
    I'm not trying to bash anyone but the Formulary frames are a piece of junk, well to be avoided.

Don Bryant

Octogenarian

Red face Re: B&H - So much smarter than Photog's Formulary (NOT!)

Perhaps that's why B&H disguised them as picture frames.

I find Photographer's Formulary print frames to be well built and, more importantly, apply even, strong pressure. However, the heavily sprung snaps can be quite loud.