Thread: Berlebach Uni Series Tripod

Berlebach Uni Series Tripod

I just inherted a 11x14 Korona, (I think there are no markings), its big and heavy and thus making me worried for current tripod.

I wanted a Ries, but everywhere I called said they were on back order, so being type who hates to wait(gotta love instant gratification) I started looking at Berelbach Tripods. The normal Report series, seems to flimsy to support a big ole' Korona, but the UNI series seems it might be the ticket. I looked at one with a leveling base, (Uni 24C I think), with a maximum rating of 65lbs (30kg). And well as slightly cheaper than the Ries to boot.

Non of the stores I talked to stateside, carry the UNI series, I would have to order directly from Berlebach, which is not an issue to me.

Does anyone have any experience with the UNI series? Or would I be better off waiting for a Ries? I looked thru the archives and came away with a variety of opinions.

Thanks.

Blumine

Re: Berlebach Uni Series Tripod

i can't imagine a tripod that will be stronger than a berlenach uni. it is well build, a joy to use, very stable. their service is quick and reliable, at least from germany.
    the only drawback is size and weight. in your case however, lightweight and compact isn't possible. the tripod is excellent!
    boris

Boris,

Thank you for replying. I will look around a little more and probably purchase one directly from Berlebach.

Best.

Blumine

hi blumine,
    you should look in the german bay. "holzstativ" is a good starting point. often the older tripods are in very good shape. shipping is expensive!
    good luck, boris

We do stock some of the UNI tripods in the USA that any USA dealer can order from us. In addition, dealers like Photomark, Bear Images and Ace Photo in Ashburn, VA have UNI models in stock.

Boris,

Thanks for the tip. I will take a look.

Bob,

Thank you for the information, but I contacted two of the dealers you recommended, but neither had the tripod I wanted. One suggested it would be faster to order directly from Berlebach.

Thanks to both of you for the help.

Blumine

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon - HP Marketing View Post
    We do stock some of the UNI tripods in the USA that any USA dealer can order from us. In addition, dealers like Photomark, Bear Images and Ace Photo in Ashburn, VA have UNI models in stock.
    Bob, have you supplied those dealers with a good cheat sheet identifying the models? I stopped by Ace Photo this afternoon and Moe had two Berlebach tripods on display and several in the back. The small one on display was a 2022 Report, well-marked. The other one was huge, with that wonderful leveling column, and certainly big enough for an 11x14. But way too big for me. And it was completely unmarked in terms of model number. We were trying to figure out the numbering to know which of the boxes to open up when I found a used set of 3036 legs that are just like my current favorite tripod. I bought it, which kicks the can down the road while I wait for the right deal on a Sinar leveling head. A good cheat sheet might have led us to a mid-sized model with the leveling column before I had time to uncover alternatives, heh, heh.

Rick "who likes the Monoball but not for the view camera" Denney

Quote Originally Posted by rdenney View Post
    Bob, have you supplied those dealers with a good cheat sheet identifying the models? I stopped by Ace Photo this afternoon and Moe had two Berlebach tripods on display and several in the back. The small one on display was a 2022 Report, well-marked. The other one was huge, with that wonderful leveling column, and certainly big enough for an 11x14. But way too big for me. And it was completely unmarked in terms of model number. We were trying to figure out the numbering to know which of the boxes to open up when I found a used set of 3036 legs that are just like my current favorite tripod. I bought it, which kicks the can down the road while I wait for the right deal on a Sinar leveling head. A good cheat sheet might have led us to a mid-sized model with the leveling column before I had time to uncover alternatives, heh, heh.

Rick "who likes the Monoball but not for the view camera" Denney
    Rick,

Mo bought out the Berlebach booth last year and we only had him as having Report and UNI as we did not have the full breakdown of what Berlebach had in their booth at the show where he bought them.

So yes, there is a sheet, on the ones we normally import.

Film and Darkroom User

I have a UNI16 which is very big and very stable. The leg locks are insufficient on a slippery surface, I have fitted rings on each leg and use a 1" nylon strap to stop them spreading. It works well and is light and strong.

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Wilkinson View Post
    I have a UNI16 which is very big and very stable. The leg locks are insufficient on a slippery surface, I have fitted rings on each leg and use a 1" nylon strap to stop them spreading. It works well and is light and strong.

Barry
    a chain is another and very secure option.