Thread: Melbourne (Australia) Large Format show and tell!

Melbourne (Australia) Large Format show and tell!

Cross posted from APUG (see http://www.apug.org/forums/forum214/...show-tell.html for the full thread)

Mick Fagan says:
    "On Saturday the 13th of June from 1300 hrs, there will be a get together for anyone interested in large format (LF) photography.

This will be held at the Hawthorn Rowing Club, which is on the banks of the Yarra, in Hawthorn.

It is a show and tell meeting, nothing more, nothing less. It is thought that there are quite a few LF photographers around in the greater Melbourne, not forgetting the many in the country.

The format for the afternoon is really quite simple, rock up and if you have a LF camera bring it along so we can all have a look and talk about it.

I’ll start by saying that I’ll bring along my Razzle, which is a Polaroid camera converted to take 4x5” sheet film, using either double dark slide film holders (DDS) or a Grafmatic back that can hold 6 sheets of film.

I also have a Shen Hao 4x5”, which if no one else intends to bring one, I will bring along.

After talking to people last Saturday at the gathering in the City, Mike from Geelong should be bringing along his 8x10” Tachihara, Marc should by the time of this event, have his brand new 4x5” Wista, he also has a 6x9 roll film view camera, which I’m sure people would be interested in seeing.

Anyone who is even remotely interested in LF photography, whether they have a LF camera or not, is very welcome.

These cameras just don’t appear in camera shops anymore, you cannot see in the flesh, the various types of LF cameras and gear. This gathering is designed to help all of us, those with a LF camera and those without, to find out just what is around, what it looks like, and, more importantly, how it works!

The venue is at Melway ref 2H J7, but it is accessed off Creswick Street and by driving under the bridge. Oxley Road (Andy) should be able to kick in and drop a map into this thread.

It is anticipated that there be a gold coin donation for those attending, with this money going to the rowing club who are allowing us to use their premises for no charge.

Having seen the facilities, and its surrounds, be prepared to take the odd shot or two if you desire, it is photogenic.

So there you have it, now we await to be inundated with people clamouring to bring along their LF cameras and gear.

I myself would really like to see a Chamonix in the flesh, or any of the many and various monorail cameras, Paul has a Gowland I heard last Saturday, something I have never seen.

So what are people going to bring, and remember, if you don’t have a LF camera, but have been interested in possibly getting one, be there, this is not going to happen again in a hurry.

Mick."

Re: Melbourne (Australia) Large Format show and tell!

I'll be there - with my shiny new Wista DXIII (picking it up from the post office tomorrow - excitement!!!)

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ewins View Post
    Cross posted from APUG (see http://www.apug.org/forums/forum214/...show-tell.html for the full thread)

Mick Fagan says:
    "On Saturday the 13th of June from 1300 hrs, there will be a get together for anyone interested in large format (LF) photography.

This will be held at the Hawthorn Rowing Club, ...

Mick."
    Hi all a new member to this forum, but as we have a posting here thought I had better let those interested in this little get together of a change in meeting time.

I have to advise that we to change the meeting time by an hour, out to 14:00 hours. This is when I will be there to open the shed if needed.

If you get there early and the weather is fine there would be plenty of photo oportunities with some of the expected social rowing off the landing.

See you there.

Barrie B. Melbourne, Australia Barrie B.'s Avatar

Most enjoyable afternoon , did not even see all of the equipment on display. Barrie B. Mordialloc, Melbourne

I had a great time too - lots of treasures to admire and inspect!! Thanks to Mick and Andy for organising it all...

And here's a link to a polaroid Christine made (Galvin 6x9, Schneider Angulon 90mm - f8 and a bit at 1 second, ancient Polaroid Colour 100ISO film)

http://www.worlddom.com.au/marc/image/apugmelb03.jpg

Marc!

Note that the youngest member of our group is the only one sitting down. Mind you, it was me that gave him the chair so he wouldn't block me out. LOL
    Mike

Ahh, is there anything up near Brisbane? Im in NSW, so Bris is closet (north coast NSW)

There has been some talk on the APUG forum about a Brisbane/Queensland get together sometime soon. You might want to check it out.
    Mike

Craig T

I'd definitely be up for a get together in Brissy if it eventuates.

Craig