Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Printing - change from test strips to 8x10 enlargement

Printing - change from test strips to 8x10 enlargement

Simon,

All of the above should be checked and let me throw another one into the mystery. If you are doing your test strips as most schools teach. The problem may be the heating and cooling of your light sorce. If you have a compensated light then you do not need to worry about this problem. If not,then you may want to think about how you do your testing. Before I had compensated lights, I had take this into consideration. So if I made my all of my test strips one right after the other(by 1 x set time, 2 x set time, 3 x set time and so on) my light would be warming up as I made the different test strips. And thenI would develope as normal(so thats some cooling time) and then I spend some time looking at the fine test strips to pick the best time (thats some more cooling time). So if I go back to make the full size Print,the darn light is cooled down. And if I choose a 15 sec exposure the light may have had 30 seconds of warm-up to produce the 15 second test strip! Just a thought.. Best of LUCK.. And do not forget to check out and follow thru on the recomendations in the above posts. Just try to do them one at a time to see where the problem for you,may be.

MAC

Printing - change from test strips to 8x10 enlargement

I would like to thank everyone who posted an answer for their great thoughts and advice. I now have a variety of tests to carry out this weekend. Thanks again. Simon