Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pentax Spotmeter Leather Holster

Pentax Spotmeter Leather Holster

I am trying to locate a leather holster for a Pentax Spotmeter. Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks!

Re: Pentax Spotmeter Leather Holster

They were made by Zone VI and come up regularly on ebay.

this guy makes a case for just about any meter but not in leather. I've seen many of them around and they seem to be well built http://karauproducts.com/Products%20main%20page2.html
    if price isn't an issue call these guys......http://www.filmtools.com/leathercam.html

Thanks for your leads. The ones that I have seen on ebay generally go with the meter but I'll keep checking.

Are you talking about the digital or the analog Pentax spot meter? I had the digital meter and used both the Zone VI holster and the Pentax holster that comes with the digital meter. I liked the one that came with the meter better than the Zone VI because it was more flexible and was smaller so it was less awkward when you sat down with it on. You may be able to buy that kind directly from Pentax USA (if you're in the U.S.). The only slight down side is that to conveniently carry it on your belt you'll need to have a shoe repair place sew a belt loop on the back, which is what I did. Nothing to it, any shoe repair place should be able to do it for a couple bucks. As it comes from the factory you attach it to your belt with a stringy thing and the meter flops around on your leg when you walk.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

I use a tiny Tamrac P&S digicam belt case for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ellis View Post
    Are you talking about the digital or the analog Pentax spot meter? I had the digital meter and used both the Zone VI holster and the Pentax holster that comes with the digital meter. I liked the one that came with the meter better than the Zone VI because it was more flexible and was smaller so it was less awkward when you sat down with it on. You may be able to buy that kind directly from Pentax USA (if you're in the U.S.). The only slight down side is that to conveniently carry it on your belt you'll need to have a shoe repair place sew a belt loop on the back, which is what I did. Nothing to it, any shoe repair place should be able to do it for a couple bucks. As it comes from the factory you attach it to your belt with a stringy thing and the meter flops around on your leg when you walk.

^^ thats a great idea... I just recieved a new digital from Calumet last week and was trying to think of an easyer way to carry it around. Now I just have to remember how to use it <chuckles>. But it is a ton less bulky than my seconic 358 with spot meter attachment. And more accurate than my seriously fading minolta spot f that is about +2/3rds of a stop off. So once I get the hang of it again I should be fine.
    Søren

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams-

the photo forumlary used to carry them. You can contact them and see if they can do a special order. I got mine from them several years ago but I have not see in on the site in a while.

http://www.photoformulary.com

Daniel

Question Re: Pentax Spotmeter Leather Holster

Did you ever find the leather holster spotmeter you were looking for? I have one i was going to put on ebay but if you are interested let me know. It is a zone vi spotmeter under the name is the woeds newfane vt

But besides that I have it was looking to find out from someone here what they are worth? Honestly my brother in law bought it but doesn't remember the price. I have looked on ebay and the calumet site without any success. Not surprising as I just started looking but spotted the forum in google so if anybody out there can help I would appreciate it!!

LJ Segil

Dedicated photo vest holds any type of meter very nicely, along with an almost unlimited quantity of other regularly needed items (loupes, notebooks and pens, lenses, shutter releases, film holders, filters, ad infinitum) all at an easy hands reach, with only shoulders +/- a neck necessary for securing the vest and equipment. Most useful, though also most dorky and will not win the fashion contests that a nice leather belt holder might.
    Larry
    To me, worth the dork factor, but consider the source.