Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 20X24" Chinese ASA 100 Film

20X24" Chinese ASA 100 Film

Basically, I am trying to arrange to purchase several hundred sheets of 20X24" film from a Chinese manufacturer. The film is ASA 100 and I have already tested it in 5X7" size and found it to be of very good quality. However, I only want about 100-200 sheets and the minimum required for the special cut would be at least 400-500 sheets. I can not give an exact price per sheet for the film at this time but preliminary discussions indicate that it will be a lot less than any panchromatic film currently available in this size.

If anyone would like to go in on this order with me please contact me by PM.

Sandy King

Re: 20X24" Chinese ASA 100 Film

Are you planning to cut it down to 5x7 or some other size

I sure would be interested in various Chinese b/w films in 7x17, 11x14 and 8x10 in quantites of several hundred sheets each...but alas not 20x24 (yet!). I haven't found a consistent vendor.

Basically, no. I was just trying to find some people interested in going in on an order with me to share the film at factory price. So far not much luck as only one person has voiced interest.

Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by ignatiusjk View Post
    Are you planning to cut it down to 5x7 or some other size

Hi Rain. Its probably Shanghai Photo Film. I often buy their 4x5, which is a great deal for folks outside the US, as the international shipping costs are very low compared to shipping from the US.

I have often tried to find a Chinese source for photographic paper, but so far without success. I know China Lucky makes it (and I suspect Shanghai makes it as well), but apparently it is all sold to processors, or stores who rebrand it. Do you know any web dealers in photographic paper from China?

Sorry Sandy for being off topic.

I have an Ebony 20x24 coming up for sale here on the forum: I and/or the next owner might have a use for some of this film. Do you have any more details?

Thanks,
    Phil

The detail is that there is a minimum order of 500 sheets of 20X24" ASA 100 film and I need several people to go in on special order. I don't know the specifics of pricing yet but the reason I am trying to do this is to buy 20X24" film for less than I could get it anywhere else. If I get to the point where I see that there are enough people interested I will let you know the price per sheet and request a deposit, then place the order. This is very doable if enough people are interested. The minimum order would probably be 25 since I would like to box it that way and don't want to get into separating into smaller quantity.

Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Hudson View Post
    I have an Ebony 20x24 coming up for sale here on the forum: I and/or the next owner might have a use for some of this film. Do you have any more details?

Thanks,
    Phil

Montreal , Canada. Los Angeles, California

Hi Sandy,
    I had an offer for 1 box at $250/25 sheet at cost last year referred from the Chamonix owner but end up got 4 boxes FP4 here from LF forum member. I heard the film is good and excellent price.

That cost is in the ball park for the Chinese film. And as you know, that is a lot less than anything else available in this size. I have priced special cut of Ekke PL100 and a couple of other East European sources and all are a lot more than $10 a sheet.

The film is very good. I have already tested it in 5X7 format and was very pleased with it.

Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by Tri Tran View Post
    Hi Sandy,
    I had an offer for 1 box at $250/25 sheet at cost last year referred from the Chamonix owner but end up got 4 boxes FP4 here from LF forum member. I heard the film is good and excellent price.

Sandy,
    I would try some to see what it's like, but can't commit to anything right now.
    Best,
    Tracy
    Tracy Storer
    Mammoth Camera Company tm
    www.mammothcamera.com