Page 648 of 652 FirstFirst ... 148548598638646647648649650 ... LastLast
Results 6,471 to 6,480 of 6513

Thread: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

  1. #6471

    Re: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

    It's a scan of the print.
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

    “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

  2. #6472

    Re: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly A View Post
    That is very lovely. Thank you for sharing. What are you rating the HRU at?
    Sorry, thought I answered you. Oops. In the studio Broncolor strobes with clear tubes, I set my Strobe Meters to EI 50, and test away. That rating includes a filter factor for the medium yellow filters I use with this film. Then I bracket copiously (the film is cheapo!) and shoot dupes. Damage from scratching added to dust from using olde equipment, leads me to shoot dupes if I like what I am seeing.

    Outdoors color temps DO affect film speed. Twelve Noon versus Setting Orange Sun, will/or can radically affect results. Best to shoot lots and give yourself a choice in the darkroom. My 8x10 sheets were 35 cents each so shoot a lot!
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

    “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

  3. #6473

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Romania, EU
    Posts
    83

    Re: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

    In 2021 I bought a box (500 sheets) of Fuji mammography (the sigle side one) X-ray film because I was sure it is the last time I could bought it. Now I wanted (again just to have it for the rest of my life) to buy normal, cheap green X-ray film (13x18 and 18x24) and to my surprise it is gone (almost). The distributor of Carestream in Romania doesn't have any film from 2022 and other distributors have some left overs (various brands). This means that the days of cheap x-ray film are almost gone, in US is still available but probably it is old stock - better to have some freezer stock.

  4. #6474
    Tin Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    22,262

    Re: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

    Iowa requires all used medical X-Ray be retained for 7 years by law

    https://www.google.com/search?q=iowa...&ie=UTF-8#ip=1

    I only bought fresh from Iowa ZZ Medical

    I bought a case 14X36" no fold for a project

    ZZ only sells fresh

    It stores well at 72F for many years as tested by me

    Make sure you buy analog film and NOT DIGITAL!

    https://www.zzmedical.com/x-ray-prac...reen-hr-u.html
    Tin Can

  5. #6475

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    773

    Re: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

    Quote Originally Posted by stiganas View Post
    In 2021 I bought a box (500 sheets) of Fuji mammography (the sigle side one) X-ray film because I was sure it is the last time I could bought it. Now I wanted (again just to have it for the rest of my life) to buy normal, cheap green X-ray film (13x18 and 18x24) and to my surprise it is gone (almost). The distributor of Carestream in Romania doesn't have any film from 2022 and other distributors have some left overs (various brands). This means that the days of cheap x-ray film are almost gone, in US is still available but probably it is old stock - better to have some freezer stock.
    To my knowledge single sided is long gone in the US as well, what remains is HRU and others, which are all dual sided. It is however fresh and not old stock. Fuji is weird — they produce for some markets but not others….

  6. #6476

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Romania, EU
    Posts
    83

    Re: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

    I was surprised by the sudden cancelation from our small market (Romania) - last time I asked the distributor about it - she told me no worry - we have everything in stock, we will have it for a long time and now - we don't distribuite it anymore. Beside this, my sizes (13x18 and 18x24, we don't have 8x10") are not the most used ones in X-ray - one more reason to make a make a stock for the future. It was a long run for the analogic x-ray film - I was expecting to be replaced by digital a long time ago (and I was expecting digital to be truly digital and not printed on "dry flim" but this is another thing) - it had a long run but in medical laboratory there is no nostalgia or art - when is gone is gone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi7475 View Post
    To my knowledge single sided is long gone in the US as well, what remains is HRU and others, which are all dual sided. It is however fresh and not old stock. Fuji is weird — they produce for some markets but not others….

  7. #6477

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Transsylvania
    Posts
    91

    Re: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

    Quote Originally Posted by stiganas View Post
    In 2021 I bought a box (500 sheets) of Fuji mammography (the sigle side one) X-ray film because I was sure it is the last time I could bought it. Now I wanted (again just to have it for the rest of my life) to buy normal, cheap green X-ray film (13x18 and 18x24) and to my surprise it is gone (almost). The distributor of Carestream in Romania doesn't have any film from 2022 and other distributors have some left overs (various brands). This means that the days of cheap x-ray film are almost gone, in US is still available but probably it is old stock - better to have some freezer stock.
    Cat te-o costat atunci cutia de 500 si ce dimensiune?

  8. #6478

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Romania, EU
    Posts
    83

    Re: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

    It was around 50 EUR/ 100 sheets pack when I bought it (Fuji mamo), now the list price is around 80 EUR (Colenta). The regular green is around 12 EUR for 13x18 and 25 EUR for 18x24 /100 pack but now I have so much that for sure I will sell (or give it away) most of it in the coming years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugen Mezei View Post
    Cat te-o costat atunci cutia de 500 si ce dimensiune?

  9. #6479

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    3

    Re: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

    I would like to purchase an x-ray film that I want to cut into a Kodak Panorama no.4, but also use in 18x24 camera. As a cheaper alternative to Fomapan 100.

    I'm from the Czech Republic, I see the following ortho films (I don't want a blue-sensitive film) in stock here and around (I don't want a blue-sensitive film):
    Fuji UM-MA HC
    Agfa CP-G
    Agfa HDR-C

    Is there a major difference?
    And last question...with Fomapan 100, I sometimes shoot at 400 with cameras that do not allow a longer exposure, and the film can handle it well. Is something like this possible with x-ray film?

    Thanks.

  10. #6480
    James R. Kyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Saint Louis, Missouri
    Posts
    50

    Re: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

    Quote Originally Posted by glerin View Post
    I would like to purchase an x-ray film that I want to cut into a Kodak Panorama no.4, but also use in 18x24 camera. As a cheaper alternative to Fomapan 100.

    I'm from the Czech Republic, I see the following ortho films (I don't want a blue-sensitive film) in stock here and around (I don't want a blue-sensitive film):
    Fuji UM-MA HC
    Agfa CP-G
    Agfa HDR-C

    Is there a major difference?
    And last question...with Fomapan 100, I sometimes shoot at 400 with cameras that do not allow a longer exposure, and the film can handle it well. Is something like this possible with x-ray film?

    Thanks.
    ===================

    I have written a PDF of my experiments with X-ray films.
    However - I seemingly can NOT up-load it on this "web-site"....

    It tells of the selection, Cutting, exposures, and Development processes.

    James.....

Similar Threads

  1. Technical Pan Film
    By Jehu in forum Darkroom: Film, Processing & Printing
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 22-Apr-2016, 18:42
  2. Images, not technical discussions.
    By rdenney in forum Image Sharing (Everything Else) & Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-Jul-2015, 14:16
  3. Replies: 91
    Last Post: 23-Jul-2015, 12:01
  4. T Max 400 Technical Discussion by Sandy King
    By Michael Kadillak in forum Darkroom: Film, Processing & Printing
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 7-Feb-2006, 06:08
  5. Discussion: Pyro stain, silver rich film & thick emulsion
    By Pete Caluori in forum Darkroom: Film, Processing & Printing
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 22-Nov-2003, 04:39

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •