Page 616 of 618 FirstFirst ... 116516566606614615616617618 LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,160 of 6180

Thread: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

  1. #6151
    Tin Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    19,165

    Re: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

    https://www.largeformatphotography.i...ntrated-recipe


    Quote Originally Posted by mohmadkhatab View Post
    Attachment 228038Attachment 228038

    The first picture is with Rodinal
    Second photo with Kalogen 1:100 - - 5 minutes - 25 degrees Celsius
    Continuous agitation at 8 rpmAttachment 228039
    Tin Can

  2. #6152
    Randy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,459

    Re: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

    Well, I am getting the feeling that the quality control in manufacturing of Fuji Xray film is lacking. Over the past 4-5 years I have purchased five 100 sheet boxes. All have been 8X10 but my most recent is 7X17. I got a very similar defect in one of the 8X10 boxes as I am now getting in my 7X17 box.

    Shot and processed this morning trying out my home-made back that I mount on my 8X10 camera:



    The negative is covered with little dots of minus density. I purchased this box new back in December and recently opened it. It has been stored at room temp.


    Both bad boxes are Fuji Super - one is HR-T and one HR-U, purchased several years apart. Both are the Green sensitive.

    So, my experience with Fuji Xray film is not very good.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52893762/bigger4b.jpg

  3. #6153
    Tin Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    19,165

    Re: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

    Did it come from eBay?

    99% of my X-Ray bought in date from ZZ a major X-Ray products for 'real' medical X-Ray supplier

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Well, I am getting the feeling that the quality control in manufacturing of Fuji Xray film is lacking. Over the past 4-5 years I have purchased five 100 sheet boxes. All have been 8X10 but my most recent is 7X17. I got a very similar defect in one of the 8X10 boxes as I am now getting in my 7X17 box.

    Shot and processed this morning trying out my home-made back that I mount on my 8X10 camera:



    The negative is covered with little dots of minus density. I purchased this box new back in December and recently opened it. It has been stored at room temp.


    Both bad boxes are Fuji Super - one is HR-T and one HR-U, purchased several years apart. Both are the Green sensitive.

    So, my experience with Fuji Xray film is not very good.
    Tin Can

  4. #6154
    Corran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    North GA Mountains
    Posts
    8,515

    Re: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

    That's interesting. I've shot a lot of the Fuji and never seen that. Out of curiosity, what developer?
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

  5. #6155
    おせわに なります! Andrew O'Neill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Coquitlam, BC, Canada, eh!
    Posts
    4,834

    Re: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

    Are you sure it's not caused by you? I ask because I had similar flaws with Ektascan. I was using Obisidian Aqua and semi-stand at the time, citric acid stop, and Ilford Rapid fix. I switched to D-23, and reduced fix time to one minute. Problem solved. It could have been caused by the OA, and semi-stand, I don't know...

  6. #6156

    Re: X-ray Film example and comparison.

    Hi,

    Does anyone know if they made film development hangers for full plate (6 1/2 x 8 1/2) film?

    My usual development for X-ray (4x5, 5x7 and 8x10) is on hangers in tanks. Its the only way I avoid scratching the film.

    Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Cheers

  7. #6157
    Randy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,459

    Re: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    Are you sure it's not caused by you? I ask because I had similar flaws with Ektascan. I was using Obisidian Aqua and semi-stand at the time, citric acid stop, and Ilford Rapid fix. I switched to D-23, and reduced fix time to one minute. Problem solved. It could have been caused by the OA, and semi-stand, I don't know...
    I am sure it could be something that I am doing. I will just have to experiment...I guess. Could be fixing to long - like 4 minutes...? Just a water stop-bath.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    Did it come from eBay?

    99% of my X-Ray bought in date from ZZ a major X-Ray products for 'real' medical X-Ray supplier
    Got it from ZZ.

    Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    That's interesting. I've shot a lot of the Fuji and never seen that. Out of curiosity, what developer?
    Adox Rodinal 1:100, 75 for 4.5 minutes.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52893762/bigger4b.jpg

  8. #6158
    Tin Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    19,165

    Re: X-ray Film example and comparison.

    They must have, but not for USA

    I too have looked

    Perhaps cut some down, tiny cutting wheel

    It can be done

    Quote Originally Posted by Aerostigmat View Post
    Hi,

    Does anyone know if they made film development hangers for full plate (6 1/2 x 8 1/2) film?

    My usual development for X-ray (4x5, 5x7 and 8x10) is on hangers in tanks. Its the only way I avoid scratching the film.

    Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Cheers
    Tin Can

  9. #6159

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Transsylvania
    Posts
    44

    Re: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Shot and processed this morning trying out my home-made back that I mount on my 8X10 camera:
    Let us see that back.

  10. #6160
    Randy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,459

    Re: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

    Quote Originally Posted by Eugen Mezei View Post
    Let us see that back.


    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52893762/bigger4b.jpg

Similar Threads

  1. Technical Pan Film
    By Jehu in forum Darkroom: Film, Processing & Printing
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 22-Apr-2016, 18:42
  2. Images, not technical discussions.
    By rdenney in forum Image Sharing (Everything Else) & Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-Jul-2015, 14:16
  3. Replies: 91
    Last Post: 23-Jul-2015, 12:01
  4. T Max 400 Technical Discussion by Sandy King
    By Michael Kadillak in forum Darkroom: Film, Processing & Printing
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 7-Feb-2006, 06:08
  5. Discussion: Pyro stain, silver rich film & thick emulsion
    By Pete Caluori in forum Darkroom: Film, Processing & Printing
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 22-Nov-2003, 04:39

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •