Page 479 of 655 FirstFirst ... 379429469477478479480481489529579 ... LastLast
Results 4,781 to 4,790 of 6546

Thread: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

Large Format Rocks ImSoNegative's Avatar

Re: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

Quote Originally Posted by senderoaburrido View Post
    Anyone have any tips for using EB/RA Carestream at night? I'm curious if reciprocity failure occurs at 1m+ exposures for such slow film.
    anything over 1 sec add a stop, i have experimented with this up to 1 hour and the exposure was dead on
    "WOW! Now thats a big camera. By the way, how many megapixels is that thing?"

That explains why instead of adding the recommended 5 stops for UV, I've been getting better results with 6. I've got more UV photos on the way. Have to develop them tomorrow and then I'll print on thurs.

This I shot at iso 400 on an overcast day, developed in 1+4 dektol for 5 minutes... Ektascan B/RA
    I thought I had tmy2 in the holder but was wrong. Discovered what I had when I pulled the film out and felt the rounded corners in the dark.
    It made a nice looking negative with useful midtones and the highlights and shadows are not extreme.
    It's in the tree image sharing thread but it's nice results for Xray film worth me noting to try again.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170511_081742.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	165014

img695 by Jason Philbrook, on Flickr

JP that is a great effect with that unusual bokeh in the background, very 3d, what lens were you using, kind of reminds me of my Sigmar

It's the Kodak 305 portrait. It's crazy in the woods. I have a sigmar too, but it's longer and I needed something wider for my woods work.

Chewed through thread from where I left off a few years ago. Really nice images in here.

I made a spreadsheet culled from APUG, here, blogs, flickr, and google searches. It is a few years out of date. Meant to share this a long time ago but life gets in the way sometimes.

Find on my google docs - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    It is set to anyone can edit.

EDIT:
    It contains 4 tabs
    1) name, EI/ISO ratings, sensitivity types, light exposed under (when given or obvious), and development info.
    2) Film names, types, and box thumbs in an "equivalent" table. Discontinued films are also included
    3) Notes, DIY developers with credit, Andrew O'Neil's X-Ray Film Reciprocity Effect chart (2010)
    4) ANSI standard cut film sizes. in, mm, min/nom/max for 2" x 3" to 12" x 20" and 9cm x 12cm to 24cm x 30cm

Quote Originally Posted by michael_wi View Post
    Chewed through thread from where I left off a few years ago. Really nice images in here.

I made a spreadsheet culled from APUG, here, blogs, flickr, and google searches. It is a few years out of date. Meant to share this a long time ago but life gets in the way sometimes.

Thanks! This is super useful!

Re: Images shot on X-ray film

Tri,
    Looks like another great image. t is nice to occasionally see the location in which an image was made. Thanks for this. I assume this is in your back yard. What a great place for a photographer. I'm envious of both the garden and the image.
    Jim Noel

Quote Originally Posted by michael_wi View Post

EDIT:
    It contains 4 tabs
    1) name, EI/ISO ratings, sensitivity types, light exposed under (when given or obvious), and development info.
    2) Film names, types, and box thumbs in an "equivalent" table. Discontinued films are also included
    3) Notes, DIY developers with credit, Andrew O'Neil's X-Ray Film Reciprocity Effect chart (2010)
    4) ANSI standard cut film sizes. in, mm, min/nom/max for 2" x 3" to 12" x 20" and 9cm x 12cm to 24cm x 30cm
    Very nice. I added a URL link to a specific forum post for a convenient option.

Very cool thanks !