Page 258 of 634 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260268308358 ... LastLast
Results 2,571 to 2,580 of 6332

Thread: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

  1. #2571
    rich815's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Albany, CA (near San Francisco)
    Posts
    303

    Re: Images shot on X-ray film

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    I posted this over at the other xray thread. Carbon transfer print from Kodak Ektascan. Very diute Pyrocat-HD. I really like how the grass and foliage were rendered in light tones. This film is sharp.
    Really nice image.

  2. #2572

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    469

    Re: Images shot on X-ray film

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    They are two different things and both have a purpose, just like digital and analogue.
    I disagree. They are both analogue.

  3. #2573
    おせわに なります! Andrew O'Neill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Coquitlam, BC, Canada, eh!
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: Images shot on X-ray film

    Yes you are right. They are both analogue... I'm just saying they are two different things (panchro and ortho), and both have a purpose.

    Thank you tenderobject and rich815. Pyrocat is a very nice developer, but you can get pretty much the same result with most developers. Stick with what you have for now. I prefer to use a staining developer because it allows me to print the same negative on silver gel or alt process such as carbon transfer.

  4. #2574

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Iran / Manila
    Posts
    375

    Re: Images shot on X-ray film

    Hopefully, in the next few months i could find someone to ship me a pyro developer here. It's much cheaper in the long run plus i really like to print my negatives to silver gelatin and alt printing (cyano or gum).

    Can you give me some pointers on how to print Xray film properly on silver gelatine? Would it be that hard to tame the contrast too?

    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    Yes you are right. They are both analogue... I'm just saying they are two different things (panchro and ortho), and both have a purpose.

    Thank you tenderobject and rich815. Pyrocat is a very nice developer, but you can get pretty much the same result with most developers. Stick with what you have for now. I prefer to use a staining developer because it allows me to print the same negative on silver gel or alt process such as carbon transfer.

  5. #2575
    Tin Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    19,841

    Re: Images shot on X-ray film

    Try Andrew, I have no advice on printing. I experiment too much.


    Quote Originally Posted by tenderobject View Post
    Hopefully, in the next few months i could find someone to ship me a pyro developer here. It's much cheaper in the long run plus i really like to print my negatives to silver gelatin and alt printing (cyano or gum).

    Can you give me some pointers on how to print Xray film properly on silver gelatine? Would it be that hard to tame the contrast too?

    Thanks!

  6. #2576
    おせわに なります! Andrew O'Neill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Coquitlam, BC, Canada, eh!
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: Images shot on X-ray film

    tenderobject, it's easier to round up the chemicals yourself and mix from scratch. The easiest staining developer to mix up is, in my opinion, is Obsidian Aqua, formulated by a LFPF member. Search it here. Lots of good info.
    Randy, I experiment a lot too. That's the what makes this photography thing so much fun

  7. #2577

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Iran / Manila
    Posts
    375

    Re: Images shot on X-ray film

    Thanks Randy. Will try researching about this as well..

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Try Andrew, I have no advice on printing. I experiment too much.

  8. #2578

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Iran / Manila
    Posts
    375

    Re: Images shot on X-ray film

    Problem is getting the raw chems here as i'm living far from the main city (Tehran) I live near Iraq hahah

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    tenderobject, it's easier to round up the chemicals yourself and mix from scratch. The easiest staining developer to mix up is, in my opinion, is Obsidian Aqua, formulated by a LFPF member. Search it here. Lots of good info.
    Randy, I experiment a lot too. That's the what makes this photography thing so much fun

  9. #2579
    おせわに なります! Andrew O'Neill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Coquitlam, BC, Canada, eh!
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: Images shot on X-ray film

    Could be tricky... good luck!

  10. #2580
    jbrianfoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    75

    Re: Images shot on X-ray film

    Made yesterday - my Son's best friend Eric. KMV, 360mm Graphic Kowa, Agfa green at 400, HC110 dil b, nitrogen burst on hangers. Copy-stand shot with Nikon D2x and 35mm lens. PS3 burning and dodging.

    8X10 Kodak Master View
    250mm Fujinon f/6.7
    360mm Graphic Kowa f/9

Similar Threads

  1. Technical Pan Film
    By Jehu in forum Darkroom: Film, Processing & Printing
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 22-Apr-2016, 18:42
  2. Images, not technical discussions.
    By rdenney in forum Image Sharing (Everything Else) & Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-Jul-2015, 14:16
  3. Replies: 91
    Last Post: 23-Jul-2015, 12:01
  4. T Max 400 Technical Discussion by Sandy King
    By Michael Kadillak in forum Darkroom: Film, Processing & Printing
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 7-Feb-2006, 06:08
  5. Discussion: Pyro stain, silver rich film & thick emulsion
    By Pete Caluori in forum Darkroom: Film, Processing & Printing
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 22-Nov-2003, 04:39

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •