Page 156 of 655 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206256 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 6546

Thread: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

Newbie--Seattle Lite

Re: Images shot on X-ray film

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Ah, now 3 Randy's.

Thank goodness I chose to use my full name, and it's short, maybe I will change to R Moe, as many call me that. The nice ones at least...
    Hi Randy Moe, I have admired your work, and advice. I've been in the X-Ray profession since 1975. But sadly I've been out of the photo. side for about 20 years. Marrage house, and kids can put a dent in one's past time. I did manage to go from a 4x8 darkroom to 10x12 with a bessler MX45. I got out of the chemical side when digital started. I did have the smarts to keep the Bessler though. Sadly my darkroom is now a Man Cave, but it works. Anyhow I'm back in the game now, and purchased a box of green 8x10. I shoot 4x5 and 8x10. Any how Randy its nice to meet you and, I can use my work related initials Rde if that helps. After all you were here first. I can adapt. Thanks for your input. Hopefully I can contribute to the Forum if possible. Seattle member....Rde ( aka: Randy DeLung )

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Greenhalgh View Post
    Cheers for the tip, I'll try a polariser. It wasn't as misty as that to the naked eye, the blue sensitive film seems to make any haze look thicker.
    Why on earth would you want to destroy tonal perspective?! I know, i know.. Ansel Adams, & etc.. but seriously... Why?

Good to meet you Randy DeLung! I think I am Randy 2, it could be worse, I once knew a bar where we started numbering 'Chads'

As you can probably tell, Sergei is the one to learn from.

I am just a retired Tinker trying to have fun in my Laboratory, I am currently single and my entire loft is a darkroom man cave, even women love it!

We all look forward to your images and ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by rdelung View Post
    Hi Randy Moe, I have admired your work, and advice. I've been in the X-Ray profession since 1975. But sadly I've been out of the photo. side for about 20 years. Marrage house, and kids can put a dent in one's past time. I did manage to go from a 4x8 darkroom to 10x12 with a bessler MX45. I got out of the chemical side when digital started. I did have the smarts to keep the Bessler though. Sadly my darkroom is now a Man Cave, but it works. Anyhow I'm back in the game now, and purchased a box of green 8x10. I shoot 4x5 and 8x10. Any how Randy its nice to meet you and, I can use my work related initials Rde if that helps. After all you were here first. I can adapt. Thanks for your input. Hopefully I can contribute to the Forum if possible. Seattle member....Rde ( aka: Randy DeLung )
    Tin Can

Newbie--Seattle Lite

Hi gdi, I'm venturing into uncharted waters with a newly purchase of a Epson V700 photo scanner. My scanning experience is very limited. Any advice you could pass along would be very helpful. I'm also new at useing x-ray
    film in photography. Just getting my feet wet ( as they say ) I'm afraide that makeing an adapter back for my 4x5 field camera to use with a Nikon D3100 got me back into the game. So if you can help I would apprecieate it. Thanks, a Seattle member Rde

I'll jump in here just to get the discussion going. I am most likely doing it wrong, but I am using a V700, with VueScan and a piece of 8x10 AN glass laying on the platen. I simply lay my neg on that. It works but most likely not ideal. Right now it is fast, down and dirty way to quickly scan and examine 8X10's.

All the methods I see recommend adjusting the neg height over the platen, hence my AN glass layer.

Somebody also sells a V700 AN platen glass replacement...

Hi gdi, I'm venturing into uncharted waters with a newly purchase of a Epson V700 photo scanner. My scanning experience is very limited. Any advice you could pass along would be very helpful. I'm also new at useing x-ray
    film in photography. Just getting my feet wet ( as they say ) I'm afraide that makeing an adapter back for my 4x5 field camera to use with a Nikon D3100 got me back into the game. So if you can help I would apprecieate it. Thanks, a Seattle member Rde
    Tin Can

Newbie--Seattle Lite

Your right-----Sergi is the man, and his models are really something. Sergi if you are listening, I can use your advice also. Thanks to you both for your info. to the Forum. Rde

Newbie--Seattle Lite

Thanks Randy, 8x10's is where I want to go. Where can I get the AN glass? and the write up say that the double layer film will cause problems. Whats your openion? Also I copied articles from the forum on Bleaching so that you only have one immage side. That way it would be like regular photo. film. Any thoughts on that? Thanks----Rde.

I don't bleach or remove the back side, some think the front side is slightly sharper and make sure they scan or enlarge the front side.

http://www.fpointinc.com/glass.htm

Thanks Randy, 8x10's is where I want to go. Where can I get the AN glass? and the write up say that the double layer film will cause problems. Whats your openion? Also I copied articles from the forum on Bleaching so that you only have one immage side. That way it would be like regular photo. film. Any thoughts on that? Thanks----Rde.
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    As you can probably tell, Sergei is the one to learn from.
    Thanks, but there are far better photographers to pick things from on this forum.
    Specially if one is to follow pathway of f64 group

PS: one can also get 8x10 ANR from betterscanning

Another Randy here - as for scanning, I have been using CSX green latitude film - emulsion on both sides. I don't strip the back side. I use a V750, and because of the excessive "matte" finish to the emulsion, no ANR glass is necessary. I just lay the 8X10 neg on the scanner glass, with the film area guide, and scan. I have yet to get the first newton ring. When I was shooting Arista 8X10 film a couple years ago, I was plagues by rings. That film's emulsion side was almost like the base side - very shiny.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52893762/bigger4b.jpg