Page 155 of 636 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205255 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 6354

Thread: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

  1. #1541
    Tin Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    20,162

    Re: Images shot on X-ray film

    #2 of 2 scratch in image upper left is on my AN. Same everything. Something different is drying...

    Tin Can

  2. #1542

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    209

    Re: Images shot on X-ray film

    Is Kodak 8X10 Film CSG1 Green X-Ray Film single or double sided. My mind is spinning from too much information, and cannot put my finger on this answer. Thank you.

    PS-- and about corners--square or round?

  3. #1543
    Tin Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    20,162

    Re: Images shot on X-ray film

    to repeat,
    I am using kodak CSG from CSXonline.com double sided at 80 asa, not stripping.

    Quote Originally Posted by HT Finley View Post
    Is Kodak 8X10 Film CSG1 Green X-Ray Film single or double sided. My mind is spinning from too much information, and cannot put my finger on this answer. Thank you.

    PS-- and about corners--square or round?
    Tin Can

  4. #1544
    Tin Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    20,162

    Re: Images shot on X-ray film

    Almost done testing. This is really a test of my Levy copy camera film size potential. The image is made of two 8X10 X-Ray Kodak CSG taped inside the camera to make a 10X16" negative.

    You notice the odd patterns top and bottom are camera internal edges. This mean I can easily shoot 11X14!

    Now I need to buy more X-Ray...

    Tin Can

  5. #1545

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    209

    Re: Images shot on X-ray film

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    to repeat,
    I am using kodak CSG from CSXonline.com double sided at 80 asa, not stripping.
    Thank you. My first 6 hours on here and I'm to p85 of the thread.Helpful, but not definitive abundantly. Not sorry I read it though. I've named 8X10 Kodak Film CSG1 Green X-Ray Film, because of the fact I'll be doing either tray or color drum and rotating base, probably with pyro. And the price of 46.47$ is attractive at this site:
    http://cheapxrayfilm.com/category/80-kodak-csg-1.aspx
    Certainly not naming it as final choice, but still would prefer single sided, if at all possible. Randy Moe, your input is valued, as it shows up with some amouint of prominence, therefor credibility. I wounder how round that round corner are? Round corners can make your 8x10 neg into 7x9 prints pretty quick.
    The process seems to yield results I could live with the rest of my life, I believe. fSomewhere the absurdity of 5 million dollars per shutter-click with pan film has to stop. I'm not a rich man.

  6. #1546
    Tin Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    20,162

    Re: Images shot on X-ray film

    You can see the round corners in most of my full image scans. You lose a tiny bit.

    I am very new at this and by no means an expert in anything photographic.

    http://www.cxsonline.com/ has it for $38.25 plus cheap shipping. I have bought from twice and it comes real quick.

    Quote Originally Posted by HT Finley View Post
    Thank you. My first 6 hours on here and I'm to p85 of the thread.Helpful, but not definitive abundantly. Not sorry I read it though. I've named 8X10 Kodak Film CSG1 Green X-Ray Film, because of the fact I'll be doing either tray or color drum and rotating base, probably with pyro. And the price of 46.47$ is attractive at this site:
    http://cheapxrayfilm.com/category/80-kodak-csg-1.aspx
    Certainly not naming it as final choice, but still would prefer single sided, if at all possible. Randy Moe, your input is valued, as it shows up with some amouint of prominence, therefor credibility. I wounder how round that round corner are? Round corners can make your 8x10 neg into 7x9 prints pretty quick.
    The process seems to yield results I could live with the rest of my life, I believe. fSomewhere the absurdity of 5 million dollars per shutter-click with pan film has to stop. I'm not a rich man.
    Tin Can

  7. #1547

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    209

    Re: Images shot on X-ray film

    Thanks. Having done nothing at all so far, I am leaning toward Kodak CSG 1, even though its 10 or 15 dollars higher. Single sided, if at all possible. Seems like something like that shot with the most yellow filter you can get your hands on, developed in pyro, would make you never miss pan film again. Full pan doesn't have to be EVERYTHING. I'm not Gates or Buffett over here.

  8. #1548
    Lee Smathers
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Daegu, South Korea
    Posts
    371

    Re: Images shot on X-ray film

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Greenhalgh View Post
    Apologies if this has been asked before but 87 pages is a lot to trawl through!

    Has anyone played with coloured filters and the blue senstive film? I am interested in enhancing skies giving more contrast between the clouds and sky as I often get skies that are almost plain white when using blue sensitive Kodak Industrex MX125.

    Ansel Adams says in his book "The Negative" that no color filters are useful with blue sensitive films. Perhaps a polarizer?

  9. #1549

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Millom, Cumbria, England
    Posts
    387

    Re: Images shot on X-ray film

    Cheers for the tip, I'll try a polariser. It wasn't as misty as that to the naked eye, the blue sensitive film seems to make any haze look thicker.

  10. #1550

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    469

    Re: Images shot on X-ray film

    Ian, if you will go back on this forum, you will find the spectrographs for bot the so-called blue film and the green film. If you check that, you will see that both of these films are orthochromatic, the blue less so than the green, but both are modifiable by filters. Now real "blue'film, like lithographic film, and copy film is only able to differentiate the uv and blue end of the spectrum. There is also an ortho-lith film that Freestyle, and others sell, that is mildly orthochromatic.

Similar Threads

  1. Technical Pan Film
    By Jehu in forum Darkroom: Film, Processing & Printing
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 22-Apr-2016, 18:42
  2. Images, not technical discussions.
    By rdenney in forum Image Sharing (Everything Else) & Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-Jul-2015, 14:16
  3. Replies: 91
    Last Post: 23-Jul-2015, 12:01
  4. T Max 400 Technical Discussion by Sandy King
    By Michael Kadillak in forum Darkroom: Film, Processing & Printing
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 7-Feb-2006, 06:08
  5. Discussion: Pyro stain, silver rich film & thick emulsion
    By Pete Caluori in forum Darkroom: Film, Processing & Printing
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 22-Nov-2003, 04:39

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •