Page 421 of 559 FirstFirst ... 321371411419420421422423431471521 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,210 of 5581

Thread: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

  1. #4201
    Roger Cole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Suburbs of Atlanta
    Posts
    1,522

    Re: Images shot on X-ray film

    Quote Originally Posted by SergeiR View Post
    Foma / Arista are extemely prone to it. Apparently its something about chemistry/water used.
    Not really. The emulsion is very soft when it's wet but doesn't produce pinholes that I've ever seen. Just handle with due care until it dries. Once dry it's just like any other film. I do use the normal amount of hardener in my rapid fix, however. I know many people use non-hardening fix for both film and paper.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and 100% recycled electrons - because I care.
    My Flickr page

    Most blest is he who lives free and bold
    and nurses never a grief,
    for the fearful man is dismayed by aught,
    and the mean one mourns over giving.
    - Hávamál verse 48

  2. #4202

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    475

    Re: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

    Quote Originally Posted by barnacle View Post
    I've just ordered a box of 12.7x30.5 Typon DV-G from Bema, for delivery in Berlin. I'll pick it up in a month or so, the next time I get over there.
    I have in use the Typon Tyco 30x40 and 13x18 cm. It works fine.
    It is of course an Agfa belgium production.
    Typon cuts and configs the film in Sitzerland, I was told.

    Speaking with Typon, they told me that they will quit the production of their blue sensitive film this or next year.
    But they continue with green sensitive film..

    Ritchie

  3. #4203

    Re: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

    Quote Originally Posted by koraks View Post
    ...not at all with IR.
    Why would this be?

  4. #4204

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,694

    Re: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

    Quote Originally Posted by senderoaburrido View Post
    Why would this be?
    It's only sensitive to blue or blue and green light, it is virtually insensitive to red, and IR has an even longer wavelength. Hence, IR sensitivity will be at best equal to sensitivity to red light (i.e. nearly not at all) and likely even less.

  5. #4205

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dallas/Novosibirsk
    Posts
    2,203

    Re: Images shot on X-ray film

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Not really. The emulsion is very soft when it's wet but doesn't produce pinholes that I've ever seen. Just handle with due care until it dries. Once dry it's just like any other film. I do use the normal amount of hardener in my rapid fix, however. I know many people use non-hardening fix for both film and paper..
    eh?

  6. #4206

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Hemel Hempstead, UK
    Posts
    543

    Re: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

    Quote Originally Posted by plaubel View Post
    I have in use the Typon Tyco 30x40 and 13x18 cm. It works fine.
    It is of course an Agfa belgium production.
    Typon cuts and configs the film in Sitzerland, I was told.

    Speaking with Typon, they told me that they will quit the production of their blue sensitive film this or next year.
    But they continue with green sensitive film..

    Ritchie
    Thanks Ritchie. It was not only cheapest in the list but it came in a handy size, and having no previous experience... seemed like a good bet.

    One thing - is it double sided, and if so, what do you do about it? I have read of stripping one side, but have no great idea about what this entails.

    Neil

  7. #4207
    Recovering Leica Addict seezee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Oklahoma City metro area
    Posts
    413

    Re: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

    Quote Originally Posted by barnacle View Post
    Thanks Ritchie. It was not only cheapest in the list but it came in a handy size, and having no previous experience... seemed like a good bet.

    One thing - is it double sided, and if so, what do you do about it? I have read of stripping one side, but have no great idea about what this entails.

    Neil
    See this post in the current thread.
    "Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig."

    seezee at Mercury Photo Bureau
    seezee on Flickr
    seezee's day-job at Messenger Web Design

  8. #4208

    Re: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

    Barnacle: I wouldn't worry about stripping until we have developing technique worked out and have negatives that have a normal contrast you would see in a conventional camera film. I am going to see how the scanned X-ray film looks up against some conventional film and proceed from there.

  9. #4209

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Nicosia, Cyprus
    Posts
    90

    Re: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

    Does anyone have personal experience with long term storage of (unexposed) x-ray film in the freezer?


    Also, that's a good summation Sergei:

    Quote Originally Posted by SergeiR View Post

    So here is short summary on Xray choice/shooting/development from me. Just because.

    http://sergeirodionov.com/x-ray-film-photography

  10. #4210

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    475

    Re: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

    Quote Originally Posted by barnacle View Post

    One thing - is it double sided, and if so, what do you do about it?
    I don't know the DVG, and Typon doesn't say if doublesided or not in their data sheet, but I believe in double side, which not means a lot.

    http://www.typon-roentgen.de/fileadm.../DV-G_ORTH.pdf

    I don't like nor need to strip my film, except developing 30x40cm in rotation ( unfortunately no development at the backside).
    So, for 30x40cm I switched to tray dev.

    13x18cm works fine in rotation, but this depends on my/your tubes; I use an old Photo Union machine.

    Ritchie

Similar Threads

  1. Technical Pan Film
    By Jehu in forum Darkroom: Film, Processing & Printing
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 22-Apr-2016, 18:42
  2. Images, not technical discussions.
    By rdenney in forum Image Sharing (Everything Else) & Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-Jul-2015, 14:16
  3. Replies: 91
    Last Post: 23-Jul-2015, 12:01
  4. T Max 400 Technical Discussion by Sandy King
    By Michael Kadillak in forum Darkroom: Film, Processing & Printing
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 7-Feb-2006, 06:08
  5. Discussion: Pyro stain, silver rich film & thick emulsion
    By Pete Caluori in forum Darkroom: Film, Processing & Printing
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 22-Nov-2003, 04:39

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •