Page 137 of 655 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237637 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 6544

Thread: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

Re: Images shot on X-ray film

Hi, I just want to ask you guys a question, when you say I can cut the x-ray film in safe light, would any red light bulb do or is safe light some special type of red light.

Cheers

Re: X-ray Film example and comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by gth View Post
    HAs anyone used Kodak MIN-R EV Mammography film or AGFA Mamoray HDR-C film?
    I'm testing both Fuji AD-M and the Kodak MIN-R EV films. My first batch of Fuji is hanging up to dry and it's really contrasty stuff. I haven't seen negs like these since I used Kodalith. It's going to take some work to tame this stuff and bring the contrast and density down to manageable levels. I've shot with some Fuji green normal x-ray film and it seemed much easier to use. Exposure with the Fuji AD-M seems like it needs to be very precise. I'm developing in Pyrocat-HD, which is very forgiving and gives me nice negs with just about anything I throw in it.

I have a feeling the Kodak is going to be similar, because the customers expect x-ray products to be fairly similar across manufacturers. Gotta test it though. Probably bought too much of this without testing some samples first. It's mostly metric sizes, which is a pain. I got it so I could develop it in a Jobo Expert drum, but I seem to create three problems for every one I solve.

The really only thing I think is great about it is the price. Sergei makes wonderful images from it, but I am nowhere in his league, I may actually be tied to his anchor, under the sea...

I am shooting Arista for a while to cheer me up, LF rewards are where you find them...
    Tin Can

Randy, ah, but you decided to use Fuji film. i think they are quite different with Kodak in formed response.. I just lucked out and sticked with Kodak since i started.. Mine isnt mammography - i dont see much point in 8x10 for it, as the price ends up being same as normal film. Regular Xray however is cheaper.

And its not like i dont screw it up every now and then I have taught mysellf from books and forums all that LF stuff and got loooong road ahead, and i LOVE it

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    The really only thing I think is great about it is the price. Sergei makes wonderful images from it, but I am nowhere in his league, I may actually be tied to his anchor, under the sea...

I am shooting Arista for a while to cheer me up, LF rewards are where you find them...
    Randy, try a 2X yellow filter, light yellow. Orthochromatic film really responds to filters. Full blue film does not. But even blue x-ray film is ortho, but not as much as the green stuff.

I am using Kodak Green. The only LF Kodak I can afford. I will try 2x yellow filter. I stopped for a bit. I ordered raw chem to reduce expenses even more. So much to do. So little time.

Quote Originally Posted by premortho View Post
    Randy, try a 2X yellow filter, light yellow. Orthochromatic film really responds to filters. Full blue film does not. But even blue x-ray film is ortho, but not as much as the green stuff.
    Tin Can

Ops. I thought you were using Fuji. Hmm. I wonder if something in mixing or processing makes difference.. But then again - i think you were starting to get some good results, you just gave up too soon

I am far from giving up!

However, I must prepare my motorcycle, Spring is here.

I have been using standard Ilford chem, soon I will mix my own. Raw chems coming soon, to a darkroom I know!

Quote Originally Posted by SergeiR View Post
    Ops. I thought you were using Fuji. Hmm. I wonder if something in mixing or processing makes difference.. But then again - i think you were starting to get some good results, you just gave up too soon
    Tin Can

Any idea what film speed I should use?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366995493.454954.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	94087Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366995503.969740.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	94088

Cheers
    Raffay

I'm using red LED's and never turn them off as they consume 1.2 watts. 2 are plenty for a large bathroom/darkroom.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...bulb/448/1499/

Quote Originally Posted by Raffay View Post
    Hi, I just want to ask you guys a question, when you say I can cut the x-ray film in safe light, would any red light bulb do or is safe light some special type of red light.

Cheers
    Tin Can