Page 109 of 655 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209609 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 6544

Thread: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

Re: Images shot on X-ray film

Quote Originally Posted by SergeiR View Post
    Honestly saying.. i just was too lazy, b/c i had some other b&w film in other holders and taping and untaping filter (its prewar lens, bent front, so i cant screw them on) was just a bit too irritating.
    However, one would think that it still should help a bit with evening tones out. Green is another thing to do, got that one too - gonna try it this week both ways, to see which one i like better.
    Am glad someone asked this. I have a dark orange filter that I want to use for outdoor shots with sky, but was wondering how it would look with green-sensitive X-ray film. I'll find out once Spring finally hits.

That's beautiful, Shawn.

I did some testing with filters on green xray film somewhere on the original xray thread (could this thread not be combined with that one... Moderators? just a thought).

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...highlight=xray

I tested with a #8, 12, and 15 yellow (wratten), #11, All worked well. My favourites were the yellows and light greens. I tried a #25 for the hell of it and got exactly what I expected... blank film. Never tried light orange filters... It is possible to get cloud and sky separation with a yellow filter, but you will never get the same results as you can with good old pan films.

I believe I posted this in one of the xray threads. I exposed the film with a yellow filter, but can't remember which one...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Steeple.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    That's beautiful, Shawn.

I did some testing with filters on green xray film somewhere on the original xray thread (could this thread not be combined with that one... Moderators? just a thought).

I tested with a #8, 12, and 15 yellow (wratten), #11, All worked well. My favourites were the yellows and light greens. I tried a #25 for the hell of it and got exactly what I expected... blank film. Never tried light orange filters... It is possible to get cloud and sky separation with a yellow filter, but you will never get the same results as you can with good old pan films.

I believe I posted this in one of the xray threads. I exposed the film with a yellow filter, but can't remember which one...

Aha! Thank you for the info! (nice shot btw)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    That's beautiful, Shawn.

Thanks! That looks great and still has the light colored leaves. Might have to pick up a yellow filter. Mine is a dark orange #21, so am worried that it might give me nada like the #25.

Lee Smathers

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnHoke View Post
    Thanks! That looks great and still has the light colored leaves. Might have to pick up a yellow filter. Mine is a dark orange #21, so am worried that it might give me nada like the #25.
    Depends on what it transmits. According to Ansel, none of the colored filters affects the image on blue sensitive films, similar to orange (according to Ansel) on the orthochromatic films at the time. The dark orange might still allow other colors to come through.

Lee Smathers

I tried a yellow filter (tiffen 12) on my green xray film and it really killed the contrast and didn't do much for the sky as Andrew points out. I imagined darker clouds like with regular panchromatic films. Since I'm new to the xray film thing, I think I'm going to shoot with no filters (K.I.S.S) and get familiar with the film before trying other experiments. After I figure this out a bit, I might try experimenting again. I've been doing film/developer tests for a year with various emulsions and developers. Time to simplify with the variables I enjoy and get to know them better.

Yeah, this Spring I'll goof around in the park with some good greenery and a blue sky. Of course we just got more snow and ice yesterday.

Right. Back to images, gents ))

Symmar 300mm @f11, Kodak CSG 8x10, cropped (well it was "almost full figure" shot... i need to get out of stupid habit of filling frame in to max.. )....
    No filters. Exposed at iso 50 or 80 (kinda was fluid, hard to tell)

1+50 Rodinal, 7m

Voom! by Sergei Rodionov, on Flickr

Peter

What a great fun shot!