Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kodak Tmax readyload????

Kodak Tmax readyload????

Has Kodak discontinued making the Tmax 100 in their readyload packet form. I'm trying to buy some and all of the sites say it's a discontinued item. Any info????

Re: Kodak Tmax readyload????

Kodak discontinued all readyloads. Check their website. Some dealers may have some, but don't count on it.

Fuji Acros is a good substitute for TMX in Quickloads. They work well in the Kodak single sheet Readyload holder, and have even better reciprocity.

Kodak required the packet manufacturing abilities of the defunct Polaroid company to assemble the film and make the sleeves. When Polaroid stopped all film production, the Readyloads were discontinued also. Kodak made the decision to not take up manufacturing the Ready-load packets themselves.

What has happened to Kodak?? The great yellow God use to be the leader in photography now they're a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by ignatiusjk View Post
    What has happened to Kodak?? The great yellow God use to be the leader in photography now they're a joke.
    Kodak is the ONLY company (other than perhaps Fuji) that has released NEW b/w and color negative films in large format in the last couple of years based on new research and development. Kodak is still doing research and development in analog materials. I don't think they are a joke. The market for Readyloads was too small to invest in all the manufacturing equipment to start up production in-house. Kodak is STILL the leader in NEW products in analog film. The so called "new" products from European sources are in fact just new sizes and packaging for films that already exist in the industrial, traffic and aerial film markets.

I'm with Gene. I try to support Kodak as much as possible in their analogue film market. I worked with some of these guys in the 80s and 90s and watched them struggle to adapt to the digital onslaught. They were aware of what was coming. I hope they will continue to downsize the film operations and focus on a limited number of very high quality products along with working out a profitible, streamlined and focused specialty business unit.

Only my best to them and yes, I miss the readyloads also.

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Potter View Post
    I try to support Kodak as much as possible in their analogue film market.

Nate Potter, Austin TX.
    You support Kodak so much that you say you live in Austin TriX??

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    You support Kodak so much that you say you live in Austin TriX??

Shouldn`t that be Austin T-maX?

I managed to find a few boxes of Tmax Readlyload, damn shame its no more.....really like the stuff aswell!
    My boxes will be kept in the freezer until its really needed (like travelling abroad).