Thread: maco 4x5 infra red.

maco 4x5 infra red.

hi folks! i am getting ready to try this film and am waiting on an 89B filter an d pyro developer. i've gotten what i believe to be some good advice and help on the film and processing. sample shots i've seen are awesome. have any of you sho t this film yet? just curious as to your results and developing processes. e me or answer here as i have the site bookmarked. i was bummed that kodak quit makin g 4x5 IR. oh well, that will be a plus for the maco company i guess. thanks. red .

maco 4x5 infra red.

Its a nice film - not as much halation as HIE (HIE didn't have an anti halation backing, while Maco does) but loads better IR effect and Wood effect than the Ilford and Konica films - it is supposed to have peak sensitivity around 820nm. I developed it in XTOL 1:3 for about 12 minutes, EI was in the region of 10 or so with an IR filter in bright daylight. Pretty clean and nice results. Cheers, DJ.

maco 4x5 infra red.

I've enjoyed this film as well. I have needed more development time than N Dhananjay for my lab technique (using 60ml of straight Xtol in individual tubes), so do make tests for your technique. I also found EI10 about right with that filter/light/dev. I'll cite my own page for some casual 35mm tests of this film (same emulsion, I believe, but I haven't yet put any 4x5 images up): http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~epederso/Photo/IR/Test.html

I'll also add that I have scratched the emulsion of this film several times during processing making me suspect that it may be softer when wet than the films I normally process in 4x5 (FP4+, Tmax), so use some caution in handling (as I now do).

maco 4x5 infra red.

Can you use T-Max developer with this film?

maco 4x5 infra red.

hi mat! i sent you an e but it came back. i'm not sure about the t-max developer. i haven't shot any maco yet as i'm still waiting on the 89B filter. i plan on using 'pyro'. here is a guy who has been helping me:

www.RobertHallPhotography.com

he does a lot of infra red. good luck. 'red'.

maco 4x5 infra red.

Sorry bout the email. Reason I asked about T-Max is because thats the one I'm using at the moment. I know I can use it for 135 HIE. Dont want to spend more money buying and storing different types of developers. Would love to try 4X5 IR.