Thread: Lambda print from file capture by Phase One Back

Lambda print from file capture by Phase One Back

Just acquired a Phase One H10 back which is a 11MB digital back. A single capture produces a 60MB file in Tiff format. With this file, what is the max print size by Lambda on Endura paper with excellent quality?

Appreciated any input. Thanks a lot.

Re: Lambda print from file capture by Phase One Back

I own a lambda and print on Endura. We are printing from phase , dslr and scan every day.
    I would be comfortable in stating that you could print 30inches x 40 inches at 400ppi which is our platform from your file. Most Lambdas that are in operation to my knowledge will print at 200ppi which would allow you to go a size up.
    With that said a lot can happen between capture and print in PS that can create artifacts that may reduce the size options.
    Most labs will have a price per square ft, flattened tiff , 8bit service where you can image out magnification tests on the paper at a really low price.
    These are not managed files but rather a straight run through from the ftp site to the lambda and output.
    We recommend this to all clients to gage the magnification issues of their originals.

The PPI is important to know as some labs do run at the higher but may charge you more for this as they would have to do a complete calibration at a different ppi setting. Our lab only runs at 400 and most other lambda labs run at 200.
    Light jet and Chromira run somewhere in the middle but offer the same service as I describe.
    hope this is helpful

Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post
    Just acquired a Phase One H10 back which is a 11MB digital back. A single capture produces a 60MB file in Tiff format. With this file, what is the max print size by Lambda on Endura paper with excellent quality?

Appreciated any input. Thanks a lot.